Minnesota Babies
Options

Dressing LO for the cold

I have a shower cap style car seat cover.  What do you dress your LO in under the cover? 

I have a few fleece buntings, lots of hoodies and few pairs of flannel/fleece lined pants.  Thus far, when it has been cooler in mornings, I have been putting him in a long sleeve shirt and pants and then a hoodie, under the cover.  I just worry about him being a comfortable temperature.  I'm a freeze baby, and DH is always hot - not sure which one he'd going to take after!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Dressing LO for the cold

• Options
    The Shower cap cover keeps your LO really warm plus you don't want to put to many layers in between your LO sholder & the car seat strap.  
  • Options

I just dress them as normal.  DD1's coat has a fleece layer that unzips from the puffy layer and we take the puffy layer off when she is in her carseat.  DD1 just has a fleece jacket.  We keep a lot of extra blankets in the car and use those for extra warmth.

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagembgreenwalt:

I just dress them as normal.  DD1's coat has a fleece layer that unzips from the puffy layer and we take the puffy layer off when she is in her carseat.  DD1 just has a fleece jacket.  We keep a lot of extra blankets in the car and use those for extra warmth.

Same here, I don't want a bulky coat messing with the safety of DS's car seat. He's a sweat monster too so I'm not too worried as long as I have blankets in the car should something happen.

image Samuel (Photo by Gruman Photography)

• Options

We used the shower cap on our infant seat last year and that was all we needed. It was an unusually warm winter though. This year we got a thin fleece one-piece zip-up suit from Hanna Anderson (on sale!!) since there isn't a car seat cover for her convertible car seat.

If it gets really cold this year (like normal), maybe a thin fleece suit plus the shower-cap? I'm a freeze-baby too so I really worry about the cold!

Hadley 3.2011 | Ali 7.2013 | Jack 1.2016
    NEW PEANUT DUE 7.2017 <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"