June 2011 Moms
Options

Cat advice, LO is scared :

I am making an appointment with the very today and will also ask them for advice too. I'm just wondering if anyone else has any experience of how to handle this.

I have 2 cats, one is no problem the other is high anxiety. She has had health problems in the past that has made her behavior around strangers and children worse. She avoids LO at all costs and only comes out when he is not around. If he does come across her, she growls and her ears drop and he is terrified of her. She has not attacked him, but I feel awful seeing my child so scared.

I rescued both cats and I believe that a cat is for life, but now I'm pregnant with 2 I'm getting so worried about her behavior. She is a total softie with my husband and I, and the thought of her being in a shelter kills me : . I just don't think she is adoptable. I love her so much and I just don't know what to do.

Thanks of you read all of this, sorry I'm super hormonal right now!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cat advice, LO is scared :

• Options

can you just do your best to keep them separated? Like have the scared cat's litter/food in a back bathroom your LO won't go into or something so they don't have to cross paths very much?

photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    We live in a 950 sq ft town home, so space is limited. She has claimed our bedroom as her territory. I have also used those feliaway diffusers and collars with no noticeable effects. This is a cat that needs valium before a vet visit, my poor baby : . I'm so hormonal right now, sorry!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you, good idea!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"