Late Term and Child Loss
Options

Twin B - First Birthday.

I'm terribly sorry i dont know if this is the right place to post this. It will be a year this Tuesday since i had my twin girls at 24 weeks. Tragically my baby Haya did not make it and passed away at 10 days old. Baby Jude has defyed all the odds and just amazed the Drs with her progress.

My question is, although i do want to celebrate Jude's birthday i also do NOT want to forget Haya and what she has been through. 

Is there a way where i can say something in the invitation, like to keep her in our thoughts or something like that? 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Sally xx

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Twin B - First Birthday.

• Options
    Don't feel afraid of what other people will think etc. If you want to include her name on the invitation you do that because if you don't you will regret it. For the actual party depending on the weather/where you live you can take everyone outside and do a butterfly or balloon release for your sweet Haya. Do what you want and you feel to honor your baby. It'll make you feel so much better inside to know that you celebrated her to.
  • Options
    I 2nd what butterfly's saying. It's Haya's birthday too. I used to be afraid of people thought all the time but after losing Bri, I don't nearly as much. She's still your lil girl.
    Tim 12/30/00 Brad 4/30/02 Alex 9/29/03 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Since the loss of our Sophia at birth I have been thinking of how we will be including her in each of Eva's milestones.  I think for their first birthday I will probably do a balloon release and also have a cake each for Eva and Sophia.  
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am so sorry for the loss of your Haya. I agree that you should feel comfortable honoring Haya's life as you celebrate Jude's. I have similar thoughts about how we will include our Patricia in notes and cards we send out as a family. I do not want to sign her name, but I am thinking about designing a symbol that will represent her and including it in these communications. Maybe you could include a gemini or something if you don't want to write something out on the invitation, then you could do something at the party like a butterfly or lantern release.

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"