August 2012 Moms

Sttn- what's your definition?

I see posts saying 10 hours straight or a feeding in between- I count after their last night feeding till morning. I can't imagine 10 hours straight! I'm lucky to get 5-6 hours. I do put them down around 8 pm till 12ish but then I'm feeding them to get us to the morning.

Re: Sttn- what's your definition?

• Adeline goes to bed around 8pm. She wakes up at 3, eats, goes back to bed til 7am. I don't consider it "STTN" because when I can put her to bed and she wakes up at 7 without a feeding at 3, then she can sleep in her crib in her room with Daxton. Then, she'll be STTN. But I've heard that 6-8 hours is considered STTN. I think that's BS. But, whatever.
    image"Lilypie">imageimage

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageBemyselfandi:
    Adeline goes to bed around 8pm. She wakes up at 3, eats, goes back to bed til 7am. I don't consider it "STTN" because when I can put her to bed and she wakes up at 7 without a feeding at 3, then she can sleep in her crib in her room with Daxton. Then, she'll be STTN. But I've heard that 6-8 hours is considered STTN. I think that's BS. But, whatever.

At this age that is considered sleeping thru the night...if the baby does a 6 hr stretch. It's not the same as us sleeping thru. DD goes down at 7, up at 2 and then 5 then up around 7. DS at this age was every 2 hours all night long so I'm counting my lucky stars:) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • When I don't get woken up, that's STTN. Elijah goes down for good around 10 or 11 and wakes up around 6 or 7. To me, that's STTN. It's not about the amount of hours; it's about where they're situated. If he slept from 7pm to 3am, that's the same amount of hours he sleeps now, but he'd be up in the MOTN.
  • imageBemyselfandi:
    Adeline goes to bed around 8pm. She wakes up at 3, eats, goes back to bed til 7am. I don't consider it "STTN" because when I can put her to bed and she wakes up at 7 without a feeding at 3, then she can sleep in her crib in her room with Daxton. Then, she'll be STTN. But I've heard that 68 hours is considered STTN. I think that's BS. But, whatever.

This. I am not so concerned about the technical definition. I'm more interested to start sleeping more myself! All my nieces and nephews were sttn by now and I'm so jealous. I still love our sleepy rendezvous at 2:00 am but I think I might prefer sleep at this point.
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• I've read STTN was anything over 6 hrs. When G slept from 9 to 3am, that was considered STTN even though after 3am he'd wake up every hr.
  • Minus last night when he decided he was going to have a party, he goes down at 8pm and sleeps straight through, without eating until at least 6am.

Definitely STTN. When he was waking up at 3am, I didn't consider is STTN even though it had been a 6 hour stretch.
    A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• I count STTN as between 9pm-10pm until 5:30-6:30am.  I got lucky with a great sleeper!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't count waking to feed them sleeping the night- daveh76 I count that sleeping through the night and you are soooo lucky! I guess I can't complain if I'm getting 5-6 hours but the teething is throwing a wrench in that!
  • DS sleeps from 8pm to 8am without waking up at all. THAT is STTN :)
  • DS slerps 9:00 pm until 7:30 am on weekends, during the week we get him up at 6:00 am to feed him and get ready for daycare. He goes back to sleep in the car on the way to daycare and he usually sleeps until time for his 9 am bottle. When he started sleeping 10:30 pm 5:00 am I considered it STTN because I get up at 5 am anyway, so he wasn't waking me up.

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickersimage

imageimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Well I'm now sttn so his 6 hour stretch is IMO him sttn. My DH always took the first feeding and I the rest. DS now wakes once at 3-4 for a feeding after being put down at 9 and DH still does that feeding. He sometimes does a dream feed at 2am if he is extra tired. I go to sleep when the baby does, so I wake up at 6 am a very happy mommy lol. 
    chasechristmas

Chase Matthew born at 35 weeks on July 31st

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• I was about to be very jealous if you said your twins were sttn! Every 4 hours seems to be the best we can do.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"