Two Under 2
Options

Bedtime routines

DS is 21 months, and we have a relatively set routine. DD is 11 weeks, and is starting to be on more of a schedule and so I've got a routine for her too. Problem is right now I go through DS's routine and then DD's routine after DS is in bed, so bedtime takes 2 hours some nights (especially baths nights) as I don't know how to integrate DD's routine w/o interrupting son's, especially bath nights (which we do every other night).  Any suggestions/tips, or am I wanting too much at this stage?

Re: Bedtime routines

• Options

Mine aren't so young anymore, but I do bedtime alone since my H works nights. When my littlest was really young (like yours) I just did baths when I could. It was too hard to do everything by myself, so sometimes DD would get a bath after DS went down, sometimes DS would get a bath in the middle of the day, I didnt care as long as they were clean.

If I were you, I'd just keep doing what you're doing for now. When your DD is a little older you can buy a bath seat and do their baths together, and we do stories/songs together, toothbrushing together and then DD goes down first at 7, DS gets some alone/mommy time and he goes down at 730. 

Shouldn't be too much longer before you can get a bath seat, if she sits soon. Both mine were sitting by 4m, assisted. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagesleepingbeauty825:

Mine aren't so young anymore, but I do bedtime alone since my H works nights. When my littlest was really young (like yours) I just did baths when I could. It was too hard to do everything by myself, so sometimes DD would get a bath after DS went down, sometimes DS would get a bath in the middle of the day, I didnt care as long as they were clean.

If I were you, I'd just keep doing what you're doing for now. When your DD is a little older you can buy a bath seat and do their baths together, and we do stories/songs together, toothbrushing together and then DD goes down first at 7, DS gets some alone/mommy time and he goes down at 730. 

Shouldn't be too much longer before you can get a bath seat, if she sits soon. Both mine were sitting by 4m, assisted. 

What a precious pic in your siggy!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Your kids are pretty much exactly my kids' ages! I have to do bedtime by myself a lot b/c DH is a coach has practices games in the evening. Our routine is very simple and bare bones so it doesn't have to take a long time. DS gets his teeth brushed, diaper, PJs and a couple books. Bath only a couple times a week or if he got especially dirty. So that only takes 15 mins. Then I do diaper/PJs for DD, nurse her and put her down another 2030 mins max. She never has a bath at bedtime I do that during the day a couple times a week.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I tried to include DD2 in DD1's bedtime routine from day 1. For bath time, I would bathe DD2 in her infant tub during the day, so I would only do DD1 in the evening. I would lay DD2 on the bathroom floor (well, on a blanket, but YKWIM) while I tended to DD1, but for the most part, I learned to do most of it one-handed and just held the baby through it all (DD2 would be pretty fussy in the evening). Then for actually putting DD1 to bed, I'd put DD2 in her bassinet (it was in our room until she was 3 - 4 months old) and go rock DD1 and sing her a quick lullaby. DD2 would typically go down half an hour to an hour after her sister.

Over time, I moved  DD2's bedtime so that both girls would go down at the same time. And then DD2 was big enough to sit in the big tub (in her bath seat) with her sister, so I would bathe them together. I know you're not there yet, but I just wanted to show you that there is hope :)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"