Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Let's get serious...about christmas:)

So I just took advantage of the Melissa and Doug sale on Amazon. We wanted to get DD a wooden kitchen. We had decided on the Ikea one, because of the price, but I really wanted the Melissa and Doug. Turns out the M&D kitchen was cheaper and free shipping :)

Also got her a pots/pans set and food set from M&D off Amazon. And a Fischer Price puzzle and Alex Alphabet Bath Stickers.

Also thinking of getting her a blabla doll, ornament, and some sort of vtech or leapfrog toy. For her stocking, was thinking of socks, bath toys, head bands, and jammies. 

Any other ideas? What are you all getting you LO's? 

Re: Let's get serious...about christmas:)

• Options

In our families, we always "overdid" gifts at Christmas. We are starting a new tradition (since last year) of experiences over gifts (ie we are taking DHs family to a cool resort overnight), but since LO is too young to understand we will do several gifts for LO. "Santa" will always bring three gifts (for the wise men) and a couple from us, plus the stocking. Even though we've asked the grandparents to limit toys (we have too many already!) they tend to overindulge as grandparents do :)

Anyway, Santa will be bringing LO a set of Melissa and Doug puzzles, a dream A+A blankie, and a couple other M+D toys... We are giving him some race cars (a set of those awesome little chubbies car) and I want to get him a library tote with his name embroidered from Lands end to take with him to the library.

I was just thinking about stocking stuff today.... He is obsessed with yoyos so I was thinking an automatic yoyo, a cute hat (that I'm knitting) for winter, a couple of small books, a cute cloth diaper (though obv. That's more for me!), sippy cups. Not sure what else!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

February 2011- M/C
    March 2011- BFP resulting in... 12/2011 bouncing baby boy! 
    October 2013- BFP- M/C
  • Options

imagebridein08:
    I was just thinking about stocking stuff today.... He is obsessed with yoyos so I was thinking an automatic yoyo, a cute hat (that I'm knitting) for winter, a couple of small books, a cute cloth diaper (though obv. That's more for me!), sippy cups. Not sure what else!

Your kid can yoyo??  Awesome!
    Or you yoyo for him?
    What does an automatic yoyo do?  You tie it to a door knob and it yoyos for your son to watch?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was thinking of a blabla doll too for my guy.  One of his favorite books is about "stripey cat" and blabla makes the only striped cat doll I've been able to find!

Otherwise he's getting a rockabye rocker (I ordered it from hautelook when it was on sale, so it's in a box in our hallway), a mini-trampoline, clothing, straw cups, bibs, trains, and cds.

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DS is getting a new carseat.  Lol.  And probably some books and new toys and some clothing.  

BabyFruit Ticker
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageRebecca2024:

imagebridein08:

Your kid can yoyo??  Awesome!
    Or you yoyo for him?
    What does an automatic yoyo do?  You tie it to a door knob and it yoyos for your son to watch?

Haha no he can't yoyo- he loves watching other people yoyo (my parents bought a few for him- not sure why!) and tries to himself. The auto yoyo just retracts automatically so he will have a little more fun with that than the standard yoyo with a string that does nothing unless you actually know how to yoyo- which is obviously a long, long way off! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

February 2011- M/C
    March 2011- BFP resulting in... 12/2011 bouncing baby boy! 
    October 2013- BFP- M/C
  • Options
    We are only doing 3 things. We saw on a blog, and know someone who does it. You get them something for their heart ( or relationship with God, something they need, and something they want.  ( there are different variations of the three. some do something they wear, or something they listen to. )  So we have decided to do this and only this for our children.  It can get expensive, or you can do it simple, and when more kids come along you can help with making things for each other if money is tight.  

Since she is so little we know she won't remember or really care this year what she gets so we are starting simple.  If she needs socks or diapers- that will be one ( she'll be more into the wrapping paper anyways)  Something she wants we figure we may get her musical toy since she loves music. It will depend what she's into in a month!  and something for her heart. I think we will do some sort of craft present- something that when she uses/works with it will make her happy or proud of herself. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"