December 2011 Moms
Options

CP #2: How many wakeups does LO have overnight?

Re: CP #2: How many wakeups does LO have overnight?

• Options
    Essentially - none.  She sleeps 12 solid hours.  That said, most nights she fusses/cries out a little one time in the middle of the night when she can't find her pacifier, but she's not truly awake and it takes me all of 30 seconds to go into her room, pop the paci in, and go back to bed.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    He's all over the board.  I voted one though because that's typically how many times, however it's all over the board this week.  Two days it was 3 times, one he STTN, rest was 1 time.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    She's cutting teeth right now, so it's more often than her usual once a night. She had 2 cut so far this weekend, but may have more trying to get through.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagemtb21:
    I said 2 because it's been 2 more often lately, but I am currently night weaning. Tonight is night 6 and he still has not STTN yet. :(

• Options

imagebelle785:
    imagemtb21:
    I said 2 because it's been 2 more often lately, but I am currently night weaning. Tonight is night 6 and he still has not STTN yet. :(

It will get better! We night weaned about 7-8 weeks ago. It took LO about 5 nights or so to stop waking up. He still every now and then will cry for less than a minute when he is turning over or such. Our problem was once we night weaned, he would start waking up for the day earlier and earlier. So we decided not to go in until 630 and not give him a bottle until 7 so that way he isn't eating as soon as he wakes up. It took about 2 weeks for him to stop completely waking at 5 am or so. He would do ok for a few nights, bad a few nights, etc but now he is use to it. Watch, now that I typed this, he will be up a ton tonight. Good luck!

• Options
  • Options

imagemtb21:
    Belle I am almost ready to give up. Its been 6 nights and he has gone 11 to 12 hours between eating every night, but he still wakes up around 5 am every day and cries for an hour or more. I don't know what to do. I partially night weaned to 1 time a night after 8 hours at 9 months and that worked great for a couple weeks, but by 10 months he was waking up earlier and earlier and back to eating twice a night. That's why I was so adamant about complete night weaning, but I just don't know how much longer I can do this if he doesn't stop crying for so long.

When do you end up feeding him if he cries for an hour or more around 5 am? Do you have a set time when you go in to get him? Does he go back to sleep after you feed him in the morning? I would say maybe don't go in until at least 6 am and then feed him but do not let him go back to sleep at that point. Hopefully he will begin to push his wake up time later until the desired time. Don't give up. I would give it at least another week. It's so tough but he has been waking for 10 months to nurse overnight so unfortunately it will not be a quick overnight fix like some say.

• Options
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"