Nurseries and Baby Gear

3 month old in stroller?

So my Husband and I are crazy and are flying with our twin boys to visit their Grandma and Grandpa in AZ next month. They will be just over three months old by then.

This might be a dumb question but can we put our three month old boys into a regular double stroller? Normally we use a double snap and go and their infant seats, but we have decided to have them sit in our laps, and then my parents are going to buy convertible car seats to keep at their place. I would like to use a stroller at the airport and will check it at the gate but not sure if they are old/big enough for a regular stroller. We have a combi twin side by side stroller that our friends gave us that was used so I don't know anything about it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 3 month old in stroller?

• We have been putting ds in our stroller without car seat since he was a newborn. We just lay the seat down. When he was about 5 weeks old, we inclined the seat a bit. Around 3 months we moved it up more.  I assume you could just lay the seats back a bit and they would be fine.
  • I guess it depends on the recline. If it reclines far enough, it is probably fine.

When we travel with our stroller, we have to put it through the scanner. Not sure what happens with a double, since it can't fit through.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD #1 born 4/1/2012
    My Married Bio 

• Loading the player...
  • The double should be fine if it can recline. I would try it out first though. If the stroller doesn't fit through the scanners it will just be inspected by hand.
    You said that the twins are both lap babies. You might not be able to sit in the same row since I believe you can only have one lap child per row. There are usually only 4 oxygen masks for a row with 3 seats. You might have to sit either across the aisle from each other or in front and behind each other.
  • If it reclines it should be fine, however be sure to give it a try before you actually leave for your trip

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • DS has been in a regular stroller since he was a newborn also. We didn't get the travel system. Now, he's 4 months and fills that stroller out nicely.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Thanks everyone! I'll try out the stroller this weekend. My husband is talking about just using the bjorns when we are in the airport so we may just do that instead I know you can't use them on the plane though.  Also good to know about the limit on babies in each row. I just hope our flight is not packed!

• If you are flying any time near Thanksgiving, they will be packed.  They usually oversell flights and will be offering people vouchers to take later flights.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"