Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Here again. =/

Well I wasn't expecting to be back to this place. I was told back in May that I had a blighted ovum and shortly after started spotting. I tried to miscarry naturally and it didn't work. I had to have a d&c anyways. 

I was so excited in August when I got my next bfp. Things were going so well. At 5 weeks I saw the babies heart beat fluttering away. Everthing seemed to be great. My next ultrasound was scheduled for 10/26. I was thinking this past week that maybe things were going to work this time because I had gotten to week 12 without any problems this time. I thought surely since I'm almost to the second trimester everything would be ok. But I started spotting the day before my ultrasound. I was in the er for 5 hours and they couldn't hear a heart beat. They said my hcg had risen since my last blood test but not as much as they would like it to have risen. After my exam they said it didn't look like I was physically trying to miscarry. But then at my ultrasound the next day there wasn't a heart beat. It was so awful. As soon as the picture popped up on the screen I knew something was wrong. You could see the little baby but it was laying so still. It stopped growing at 9 weeks. You could see my uterus contracting on the screen even though I couldn't feel it.

What makes this more awful for me is I was in the er at 9 weeks. I had a bad feeling and my body felt weird from the bottom of my abdomen up to my neck. I felt like that for two days. The er docs couldn't find anything wrong with me and said maybe I just had indigestion.  But they couldn't hear a heartbeat then either. So I feel like maybe that day was the moment I lost my child and didn't even know it. 

I'm so depressed. The doc that performed my d&c this time isn't my normal doctor since my normal doc was in Florida on vacation. But he told me that he thinks I need to wait at least a year before trying again......I don't understand why a whole year. I've been wanting to have another child for over a year and a half now. The thought of having to wait a whole other year to try breaks my heart even more because I want this so badly. 

Has anyone else had their doctor tell them to wait a whole year?

I'm going to my doctor tuesday and will definitely ask him about ttc again. I'm terrified this will happen a third time because I don't even know how to deal with it this second time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  

Re: Here again. =/

• I'm so sorry you find yourself here again.

As far as waiting a year, assuming there were no complications, it's an absurd thing for a doctor to tell you. I'm not one to ever say go against doctors orders but definitely get a second opinion. One to three cycles is normal wait time when there are no complications. Sometimes women are told to wait 6 months to a year if a molar pregnancy is suspected but then they also have to have monthly lab work. If he didn't mention that then I think he's just being ridiculous honestly. Try not to be upset about that part. I think your regular doctor will tell you 1-3 cycles.

(((hugs)))

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• imageLaurakat81:
    I'm so sorry you find yourself here again.

As far as waiting a year, assuming there were no complications, it's an absurd thing for a doctor to tell you. I'm not one to ever say go against doctors orders but definitely get a second opinion. One to three cycles is normal wait time when there are no complications. Sometimes women are told to wait 6 months to a year if a molar pregnancy is suspected but then they also have to have monthly lab work. If he didn't mention that then I think he's just being ridiculous honestly. Try not to be upset about that part. I think your regular doctor will tell you 1-3 cycles.

(((hugs)))

This. Definitely wait to talk to your normal doctor. Hopefully they can provide more answers. I'm sorry you're going through this and wish you all the best. 

Married 10.10.09
    BFP 7.29.10 ~ DD Born 3.22.11
    BFP 9.10.12 ~ MMC ~ D&C 10.20.12
     BFP 2.22.13 ~ DD Born 10.23.13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

July Siggy Challenge: Summer Fail

• Loading the player...
  • I googled the whole year thing, and haven't found anyone else who had a doc tell them that. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks a whole year sounds too long. With my first mc my doc suggested 6 months because he was worried about molar pregnancy since I had a blighted ovum. I only wait 2 cycles though. I didn't have any problems getting pregnant this time. I didn't have any complications this time or last with the d&c. I'll definitely talk to my doctor about it though, I already had an appointment for this tuesday so hopefully he will have something better to say that 1 year.

Another thing though, my mom seems to think I am having trouble because prior to ttc I had mirena for a couple years. I had it taken out in March and wait 1 cycle before we started ttc. Anyone think that might be a contributing factor? I know my doctor will probably say no. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
  • I am so sorry for your loss! I did not have to have a D&C so I am not really helpful with anything like this. But having to wait one year seems like a really long time. I would try to get a second opinion on that!

• So sorry about your loss.

After my MC I was told to wait 2 months. We ended up waiting for 7 months are are just now trying again. Talk to your Dr. and ask him why you need to wait that long.

GL to you.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am so sorry for your loss ((hugs)).  I hope that your doctor can answer your questions.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
    #1 BFP 2/24/11 EDD 10/29/11 Born 11/1/11
    (via emergency c-section due to prolapsed cord; dx with sensorineural hearing loss Feb 2012)
    #2 BFP 9/13/12 EDD 5/20/13 Natural M/C 10/3/12
    #3 BFP 11/13/12 EDD 7/27/13
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am so, so sorry for your loss :(  I agree with PP that waiting a year seems a bit extreme and you should definitely get a second opinion.  I have no idea about mirena but it's worth it to bring that up to your doctor as well.  Good luck to you. 

~~PgAL March Siggy Challenge - Pet Shaming~~
    TTC #1 since Feb 2011 Dx: MTHFR C677T Homozygous, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, LPD
    BFP #1: 8/4/11 c/p 4w5d
    BFP #2: 9/4/11 c/p 5w0d
    BFP #3: 1/16/12 c/p 4w0d
    BFP #4 8/9/12 m/c 7w3d
    BFP #5 11/2/12 ?EDD 7/16/13? PLEASE grow sweet baby!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • So sorry for your loss. HUGS.

I agree that a year seems too long. Talk with your doc for sure.

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• I am sorry for your losses and everything you are going through.  Definately talk to your doctor because 1 year seems very long.  You usually hear 1-3 months, depending on the doctor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"