March 2012 Moms
Options

Hurricane Sandy

Who all is in the affected areas?

My area, even though in the mountains of Maine and far from the coast, has just been upgraded from borderline medium/high risk to high risk.

I talked about it on the weekend plans thread but DH will probably we out restoring power for a couple weeks. He was gone for two weeks with the Halloween snow storm last year and this storm is going to be far worse.

So I'll be home dealing with damage and power outages without him. I won't have flooding at I live on a mountain that drains well but will have the high winds. If you don't hear from me for a few days, I have no power. I don't have a smartphone so no power means no internet at all.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

Re: Hurricane Sandy

• Options

Just stay safe and update us when you can :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Please take care of you and your LO! I hope it isn't terrible. Do you have any family that is close by to help you? Hope all goes well, and that you will be posting again, sooner than later!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagekaleb87:
    Please take care of you and your LO! I hope it isn't terrible. Do you have any family that is close by to help you? Hope all goes well, and that you will be posting again, sooner than later!

No but we will be fine. I'm not really concerned. I'll have a couple of trees I'll have to deal with but nothing major. We're far enough away that it will be more of a pain that anything else. We have a solidly build house. If I need them, my dad will drive down the 3 hours or my FIL up the 2 so it will be okay. Abby and I may stay on the side of the house away from the really big trees though just to be on the safe side.

I know before the FB exodus we had a number of ladies here from the CT/MA area. They are going to have some of the severe damage. I'm concerned for them. The levels of damage are severe, high, medium, and low. 

TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options

We are in CT so we are counting on at least losing power. I'm really not looking forward to it. :(  We have a good supply of water, batteries, and non-perishable food. We have a fireplace for heat but I imagine at night it'll be lots of cuddling in bed together. The good thing is if it's bad then my husband doesn't have to open his office so he can be home. I imagine your H works just about nonstop in a situation like this, huh? My BIL and SIL live in our neighborhood and the rest of our family lives within 15-20 minutes so we are fortunate in that sense to have help.

Mostly I'll be sad if this affects Halloween again. Last year we were without power because of the snow storm. My poor kids are never going to get to go Trick-or-Treating at this rate!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    "Lilypie">image"Lilypie">
  • Options
    imageLaCally4:

We are in CT so we are counting on at least losing power. I'm really not looking forward to it. :(  We have a good supply of water, batteries, and non-perishable food. We have a fireplace for heat but I imagine at night it'll be lots of cuddling in bed together. The good thing is if it's bad then my husband doesn't have to open his office so he can be home. I imagine your H works just about nonstop in a situation like this, huh? My BIL and SIL live in our neighborhood and the rest of our family lives within 15-20 minutes so we are fortunate in that sense to have help.

Mostly I'll be sad if this affects Halloween again. Last year we were without power because of the snow storm. My poor kids are never going to get to go Trick-or-Treating at this rate!

Stay safe! Glad you have supplies. Hope you can stay warm.

Yea, DH will work 17 hour shifts. That's the legal longest shift they can have. Most guys appreciate it is no longer. If it is going to be as bad as they say it is, he'll probably be gone for more than just 2 weeks this time.

DH was in CT for your storm last year. We had a ton of snow but didn't lose power for anywhere near as long as you all did.

• Options
    I'm not the affected areas but wanted to tell everyone to stay safe and my t p are with you an your LO's. I hope it doesn't get as bad as they are saying.
  • Options
    imagecountrygrl5533:

Who all is in the affected areas?

My area, even though in the mountains of Maine and far from the coast, has just been upgraded from borderline medium/high risk to high risk.

I talked about it on the weekend plans thread but DH will probably we out restoring power for a couple weeks. He was gone for two weeks with the Halloween snow storm last year and this storm is going to be far worse.

So I'll be home dealing with damage and power outages without him. I won't have flooding at I live on a mountain that drains well but will have the high winds. If you don't hear from me for a few days, I have no power. I don't have a smartphone so no power means no internet at all.

Stay safe. They are predicting bad weather the coming week for us as well.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I hope all of you in the area there stay safe!
  • Options

Stay safe!

I think we are supposed to get a lot more rain and higher winds than originally anticipated.  The local news is making it out to be a big deal, but who knows.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thank you for your concern! I'll also pass it on to the other girls. I youe husbands not gone to long this time, however it's much apprechated. I hope to not loss power for 9 days again!

2004- DX with PCOS

6/2011- Gonal-F + Ganirelix + Oviderl and Crinone= BFP

7/7/2011 Beta #1 119 Beta #2 563 Beta#3 4178

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

http://tinypic.com/r/25z7709/8

• Options
    imageJennPierog:

Thank you for your concern! I'll also pass it on to the other girls. I youe husbands not gone to long this time, however it's much apprechated. I hope to not loss power for 9 days again!

I hope you aren't that long this time either. Much worse with a baby.

As much as I will miss DH with him gone and will be a little insane with no baby break, I'm okay with it this year. I'm anticipated it this go round. We have 3 vehicles and all have or are having issues not to mention a number of other emergency type things that have hit recently. The storm money will go a long way for us.

• Options
    I'm in New England also. Crossing my fingers that we do not lose power for 8 days like last October!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I guess I missed this post at 4 this morning.  lol.

I was going to post that I hope your H isn't gone long this time, Countrygirl.  I can only imagine that having a 7/8 month old and being alone is harder than being pregnant and alone. Sad

We're in Northern VA, just West of the Delmarva peninsula, so we're supposed to get 10+ inches of rain.  We're also sandwiched between 2 rivers, so we're hoping the storm surge isn't too bad...

And we're in the same boat as Countrygirl.  We lose power like all the time, so we probably will with this storm and I don't have a smartphone, so no power = no internet.

Stay safe, ladies!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Stay safe and I hope you don't loose power. We are in the path as well in Richmond, VA. I have been working on the prep for the storm for where I work. I just hope I don't get called in, in the middle of it.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"