May 2012 Moms
Options

Proud Momma

I tried DD on solids for the first time this morning and she did awesome! We did avocados as her first food and she loved it! There was almost no mess until mommy decided to let her play with the bowl and spoon lol. 

And as a side note/update to my last post - Daddy even got up with us this morning without me having to wake him up :D

very happy momma this morning! 

Re: Proud Momma

• Options
    Big Smile  Addie did avocado two nights ago... I kinda don't mind the mess of letting her feed herself.  It's cute!  And she loves it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Avacado was a hit with my LO too.  I think he enjoys anything not blah like oatmeal and not formula for a change.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Can someone enlighten me on how to pick a good avocado? I have eaten them before but never prepared one myself. I was going to pick one up today but it was really soft. I am assuming it was over ripe. Should they give a little or a lot when they are ripe? 
  • Options

dark green, wrinkly skin

some give but not mushy

and if you break the little stem off, it should look light green and fresh, not brown underneath

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Did you pure it and thin it with milk?? I've done rice then baby pure food with my other two but really want to start with avacodo this time but not sure how to prepare it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options
    I puree it and then mix with cereal and formula. DD loves oatmeal though while other babies may not. We mix all our solids with rice or oatmeal. You could use puree it and thin it with formula or BM. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagebellelamb:
    Did you pure it and thin it with milk?? I've done rice then baby pure food with my other two but really want to start with avacodo this time but not sure how to prepare it.

i mashed it with a fork and mixed in expressed breast milk until it was thin but not runny. I used frozen the first day... I froze it in ice cube trays (so about a half oz per cube) and same with the breast milk. 1 oz avocado to about 1 oz BM was pretty runny so today I used abou 3/4 oz BM and it was better.

I'm not introducing cereal for another month or two. I'm doing avocado, then peas, then sweet potato, then squash and only mixing with BM. Most cereal is empty calories IMO so I will introduce them last. I'm also planning to skip rice and just go to oatmeal.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"