Special Needs

ASD tantrums

I don't know if it's coincidental that he was just diagonsed, or he's getting closer to 3 years old, but DS has gotten worse with the tantrums in the past few days. Tonight he threw such a bad one that he busted his lip open. I'm so frustrated. I don't know how to react. We are still getting signed up with ABA. So we haven't really learned any coping techniques yet. His patience with his little sister is not as good either. Just wondering if this is part of ASD or just an almost 3 year old.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
I LOVE MY THREE KIDS! :)
imageimageimage
Want great discounts?? Want to earn free Scentsy or even earn some extra money??
Click on the logo and ask me how!

Re: ASD tantrums

• I just posted about the same thing.  Hang in there, ABA will help a little with the frustration that can sometimes lead to tantrums. 
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • Going through the same thing here, P does not have ASD but her stroke was in the frontal lobe, however her tantrums have been 10x worse the last 2 months or so and she will be 3 next month.  

It sucks! 

DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"