Two Under 2

Baby #2 is on the way. Will be 12 months apart.

So we just found out I'm pregnant again, and our DD is 4 months old. By our calculations #2 will be due 1 week before our DD turns 1. This was a huge surprise and we are in a little bit of shock. We're estatic, but shocked.

Any advice? Not sure how breastfeeding and pregnant is going to work out esp since im working about 50hrs/wk... Im gonna be so exhausted and im worried another little one will cut into time with our DD

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby #2 is on the way. Will be 12 months apart.

• I have no advice for you, but congrats! You can DO THIS!!
    imageimageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Certified Veterinary Technician / SAHM
  • No advice. We got pregnant when LO was 9months old and found out at 10months. We were scared at first, but now we couldn't be more thrilled. Things have actually worked out better having the kids close together.

Let it sink it. It will be great!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats! I am BFing DS while pregnant. My supply seems to be okay as long as I eat enough (which is a LOT) and drink enough. The eating part is pretty challenging when I'm having a typical 1st tri day. I feel like this go around I'm less sick tired and more sleepy tired. My theory on that is that BFing may help with the hormones but is physically draining. I made that theory up, but I like it! Good luck!
    Married to E on June 5, 2010
    Gave birth to baby boy, I, on March 25, 2012
    Gave birth to baby girl, A, on May 20, 2013
    Baby #3 due April 29, 2015

Recovering from mitochondrial dysfunction and Addison's/possibly very severe adrenal burn out using food, medicine, and a large amount of garden therapy.
  • My two are 11 months apart. 6 weeks in, I find it doable. The pregnancy was hard though.

You can do this! Congrats! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Mine are 11 months and 3 weeks apart. They are best friends and I love having them so close together.

Congrats!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine are 13 months apart. Pregnant while caring for a baby was a LOT harder than toddler and newborn. My first didn't start walking until after his brother was born, so that made life a little easier. I breastfed until he decided to stop, which turned out to be around the 7 month mark for him. My supply was ok, but like PP said, I had to eat pretty much nonstop and still lost about 15 lbs in first tri. My youngest is 16 months now, and it has been great. They're best friends and big brother had no adjustment time to new baby at all. It's true you won't be able to give your first baby as much undivided attention, but she'll have a sibling to play with, which has been awesome for my boys. Good luck, eat lots, get lots of rest when you can. You'll get through it and then you won't remember anything different!
    A 4/26/10 and B 6/13/11
  • No advice for you, but I just wanted to say I know what you are going through because I am in a very similar situation (minus the working). I am a stay at home mom to a 3 month old and we just found out October 20th that we are expecting baby #2! I am so excited though! We can do this! Other ladies have done it and so can we :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"