Secondary IF

Pcos, weightloss, and TTC

So I had my yearly apptment today. 

I explained to her that I am doing Body by Vi and haven't had results. She said with PCOS you have to watch your carbs.  Anyways I feel at a loss since I thought this was going to work but I do feel better.  And am working out a few times a week now and cut my caffeine in half. 

So those that have PCOS What can I do to help weightloss since I can't be on meds since we are TTC? 

Baby #1 MC November 2007
Baby #2 MC June 2008
Baby #3 Born April 2009
Baby #4 due date February 2015

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Pcos, weightloss, and TTC

• No advice sorry I'm in the same boat. :/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageAshB62:
    I've had success with the South Beach Diet. I've never been able lose weight on any diet before, and I lost 20 lbs in 4 months. I haven't been as strict about it lately, but I do still limit my sugar and carbs (and stick to whole grain only when I do indulge.) And I haven't gained any back. I'm not the only PCOSer here who follows a low glycemic diet.

Thanks! 

Baby #1 MC November 2007
    Baby #2 MC June 2008
    Baby #3 Born April 2009
    Baby #4 due date February 2015

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep, low glycemic is slightly different than just low carb. As far as meds go, your doctor could put you on Metformin. It helps with insulin resistance. Best of luck.

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• This may not be helpful to you but I had gastric bypass surgery. I have been doing well but even with this my weightloss has been slower then others. Damn pcos!
    Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • I have the same problem with weight and PCOS! I just started seeing a naturopath and she put me on a strict 3 week diet eliminating white flour, white sugar, alchohol, coffee, and limiting fruit to one serving a day.  Can eat whole grains - which is great...I will eat Dave's Killer Bread with Adams peanut butter for a snack. The first week I lost 6 pounds!!  A first for me! :)  After the three weeks I can slowly start adding a dessert once in awhile or other things in complete moderation.  The key is doing it very strict for 3 weeks to "reset" your metabolism.

Good luck!!

• The only successful way for me to lose weight and keep it off is to not eat any sweets, no bread, pasta, or carbs.... All I ate was meat, fruits (except no bananas), and vegetables (except potatoes) and I lost about 10lbs and kept it off but then ate "normal" and it's all back... 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2 since 2009 Have PCOS two close calls with letrozole and hcg trigger. Hoping 3rd time does the trick... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"