Secondary IF
Options

Bad news and WWYD

So. Just got back from my appt for IUI 1, which did not happen. DH gave his sample, then at my turn the Doc comes in and informs me that the bloodwork I did on cycle day 3 came back with me having recently acquired CMV. Apparently it's a virus with no symptoms but there is a 5 chance it could pass on to a fetus and cause neurological damage or fetal death. So, they can't do the IUI and dot even want me getting pregnant at all until I come back and get clear bloodwork. I can go in 2 months for the BW, and onthe meantime he wants me on BCPs. W. T. F. I am so bleeping dissapointed. Now we are looking at January. Part of me kinda wants to just ignore his advice to not try to conceive and just risk it. I hate the idea of not even being able to try until after after the new year. And I really don't want to be on the pill! The ony advantage is that when I do get clear BW I can stop the pill and start letrazole again right away without having to wait for a new cycle to start. What would you do?? Ugh!! We did have TI Tuesday night, I guess that is my last chance for getting preggo until jan. this just sucks so bad.
TTC baby #2 since July 2011, DX: low AMH
BFP 1/21/13, blighted ovum m/c 2/12/13
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bad news and WWYD

• Options
    I'm so sorry. Waiting is no fun. Hopefully the holidays will help.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

That really sucks.  We are also on a forced break due to medical issues, and I'm hoping to use the time to relax, as best I can, and enjoy the time - IF free. 

Of course that said I can't seem to stay off this board Wink  Love you ladies!

As far as what would I do?  Take the doctor's advice, you wouldn't want to risk there being anything wrong with your baby.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

DD conceived after 3 years of ttc.
    MFI - DH had varicocele repair and took Clomid to get DD b. 02/2010

TTC #2 since 6/2010
    10/2012 DH diagnosed with Epilepsy
    A few failed IUIs summer 2012 and 2013. 
    DH taking clomid and waiting to see if he needs another vericocele repair. 
    Hoping for a 2015 baby or babies. 
    Wishing, hoping, waiting.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageAprilDrew04:

As far as what would I do?  Take the doctor's advice, you wouldn't want to risk there being anything wrong with your baby. 

yeah, i rationally know that is what I need to do, i just hate it!  i mean, if we were just trying naturally we wouldn't even know i had this virus.  :/ 

Has anyone else ever had their b/w come back positive for this CMV?  I am just feeling like I always have the weirdest, most random things happen to me.  I mean, seriously.  I was like allready undressed and sitting on the table with a sheet over my lower half when the doc came in and gave me this news.  The good thing is they did waive the fee for the semen analysis and whatever else they did today, since they should have notified us before DH even gave his sample.

Sorry to vent about this.  I know that in the grand scheme of things this isn't by far the worst news i could have gotten, and that 2 months or so isn't a big deal.  I was just feeling really positive about this cycle then bam! denied.       

TTC baby #2 since July 2011, DX: low AMH
    BFP 1/21/13, blighted ovum m/c 2/12/13
  • Options

Sorry you're going through this. I'd be super PO'ed at the RE's office for forgetting to mention anything since they got the CD3 results back. Did you have to go in for any monitoring, because I would have them waive that too!

That sucks! *hugs*

MPZ born June 2011
    TTC #2 ... Cycle 1-3: IUI = BFN | Cycle 4: IVF ... canceled but 3 snow babies
    Cycle 5: FET .. BFP! | EDD - 3/15/2014
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

How frustrating!  I'm sorry that you received that news.  Hopefully the next couple of months fly by and you get a BFP in January.

Hugs.

• Options
    :lurking:

Please don't risk it. I understand your frustration. However, You are lucky that they tested you for this and you found out. It can have serious consequences for your baby. I am a PT who treats children and I have seen patients with this. Their mothers didn't know they had it and ended up having to deliver early when the baby wasn't developing properly. And these children are not healthy. It can cause severe impairments such as deafness, vision problems and global delay trouble walking, talking, etc. I hope this virus passes quickly!
    BFP #4 11/21/12 - EDD 8/2/12 BFP#3 Missed m/c 9 wk 3 days. D & c 4/27/12. :( BFP #2 8/10/09 - DD Born April 2010 BFP #1 Suspected Ectopic 4/09 - Methotrexate
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"