New to The Bump

Okay... was the Nurse Practitioner right...

I went for my annual visit today. I explained my new marriage and that we were not "actively trying" but "whatever happens happens" regarding a pregnancy. 

I supposedly run 40-42 day cycles (according to an iPhone app).

I got my last period on September 23. My NP today said that even for people with long cycles, my fertility would still fall around October 6th or 7th. (October 6th being my wedding date.). She asked if we were intimate and I told her the dates. She completed her exam and said "I can't tell you if you're pregnant, but I can tell you that you won't be getting your period at least this weekend." 

I asked about spotting/bleeding (icky brown stuff) that occurred around October 11th and lasted a few days. She smiled and said that she's be hearing from me soon and ended the conversation with a smile. 

As a person who is totally new (like 2 weeks new) to the idea of becoming pregnant - what does this all MEAN?! 

If you were me, when would you take a pregnancy test? According to the iPhone/iPad app, I'm not due for my period until November 6th. 

Please give me some guidance?  

Re: Okay... was the Nurse Practitioner right...

• Take a test!  It never hurts :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    TTC since Dec 2011
    BFP #1 03.14.12 | EDD 11.20.12 | MC 03.25.12 (5w5d)
    BFP #2 05.05.12 | EDD 01.03.13 | CP 5.09.12

BFP #3 09.26.12 | EDD 06.05.13 | Stick baby, stick!
    Beta hCG #1: 124(13dpo), #2: 1700(18dpo), #3: 22302(25dpo)
    6wk2d u/s HB
    9wk2d u/s HB, everything still looks great! *Fingers crossed*
  • Only a pee test or blood test can tell you if you are pregnant...

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • I get that i have to test.... my question is WHEN on a 40 day cycle should I test?

Period first came the 23/24th of September. 40 day cycle means I am predicted to get it November 5/6.

When should I test? When is too soon? Can someone give me a date that would make sense? 

• by making sense I mean making sense to a 40 day cycle. (My irregular cycle has me questioning everything as being "abnormal").
  • If you have a regular 40 day cycle that starts on Sept 23, then  40 days after that would be Nov 3, the end of your cycle. , If you count back 14 days, which is the standard luteal phase then ovulation may  have occured on Oct 20. It seems to me that your NP thinks all women ovulate on day 14 which is not true. So basically I would test on November 3. Although if you have a longer luteal phase you may have to wait a couple of days for a reliable answer and if you have a shorter luteal phase you can test a couple of days early. Also for future reference, if you really want to know when you ovulate and can then know if you are late, I suggest tracking your basal body temperature on fertilityfriend.com.
    Me 26 DH 31. Off oral contraception since 1/2012. Actively TTC # 1 since 4/2012. CD3 bloodwork, hsg normal 6/2013. SA performed 7/2013 - low count, low motility. First RE appointment 9/4/2013. Were told SA not good enough for IUI. Repeat SA and additional bloodwork ordered. RE suggests DH see a urologist. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3e32d9/thumb.png
  • THANK YOU for making sense of this for me. :)  You're awesome. 
  • your welcome!
    Me 26 DH 31. Off oral contraception since 1/2012. Actively TTC # 1 since 4/2012. CD3 bloodwork, hsg normal 6/2013. SA performed 7/2013 - low count, low motility. First RE appointment 9/4/2013. Were told SA not good enough for IUI. Repeat SA and additional bloodwork ordered. RE suggests DH see a urologist. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3e32d9/thumb.png
  • imageAnkoress:

I went for my annual visit today. I explained my new marriage and that we were not "actively trying" but "whatever happens happens" regarding a pregnancy. 

I supposedly run 40-42 day cycles (according to an iPhone app).

I got my last period on September 23. My NP today said that even for people with long cycles, my fertility would still fall around October 6th or 7th. (October 6th being my wedding date.). She asked if we were intimate and I told her the dates. She completed her exam and said "I can't tell you if you're pregnant, but I can tell you that you won't be getting your period at least this weekend." 

I asked about spotting/bleeding (icky brown stuff) that occurred around October 11th and lasted a few days. She smiled and said that she's be hearing from me soon and ended the conversation with a smile. 

As a person who is totally new (like 2 weeks new) to the idea of becoming pregnant - what does this all MEAN?! 

If you were me, when would you take a pregnancy test? According to the iPhone/iPad app, I'm not due for my period until November 6th. 

Please give me some guidance?  

i would take a test :) 

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • imagekjdavis84:
    Take a test!  It never hurts :)

This.

It's that simple OP! 

DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"