5 Weeks Pregnant
Options

5 Weeks Pregnant after One Miscarriage

Hi all,

Just wondering who else might be five weeks pregnant this week?  I am very nervous because I don't have hardly any symptoms.  I had a miscarriage 3 months ago (blighted ovum) and I didn't feel pregnant either which turned out to be because it wasn't a viable pregnancy.  I'm worried my lack of symptoms this time might mean the same thing.  Although I do think the fatigue is starting set in, but it's hard to tell if that's from the pregnancy or just because I've gone off caffeine.   I did some bloodwork on Friday and I'm going in again on Monday so they can compare the results and see where my Hcg levels are and if they are doubling the way they are supposed to.  Fingers crossed that my hormone levels are higher than they were last time!

Re: 5 Weeks Pregnant after One Miscarriage

• Options

I'm also 5 weeks, after a miscarriage (exactly a year ago).  I didn't have any symptoms the last time, except sore boobs & craved red meat, but this time I'm feeling it!  Nausea all day long, super tired, sore boobs & I can't stand sweets.  It's super annoying bc I don't know what to eat since I don't want to eat anything.  I do like tomato sauce, though - and still love the hot sauce!  I can't even do ginger ale b/c the sweet after taste.  I'm definitely getting the water in. 

I hope all goes well w/you!!   

• Options
    Hi! I'm 5 weeks this week as well, and my only symptoms are slight cramping sore breasts. With my first son, I had to symptoms until I was 6 months along, just remember, every pregnancy is different! Good luck and Congrats!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm 5 weeks exactly... I have had cramping, I'm super emotional and can't stand sweets... Good luck everyone...
  • Options
    I have had only small symptoms as well. No nausea or extreme fatigue. I've always been a good napper so it doesn't seem much different. My breasts are sore but mostly at night, not during the day as much. Bloating and gas in the afternoon only, but was worse last week.   I'm afraid everything is going to hit in the next few days and I'll be miserable
  • Options

hi! I am also 5 weeks. I don't have any children but i was pregnant one other time, 5 months ago. It turned out to be a chemical pregnancy so I am really scared this time around. I am praying my HCG doubles in 2 days and again 2 days after that. My progesterone is much better this time. I've had infertility for 3.5 years, so this is really big news for us.

During my chemical pregnancy I had a few symptoms. I had implantation bleeding, immediately gained almost a cup size, fatigue (I was ready for bed at least an hour earlier each night, sometimes 2!) and had cramps that would be felt mostly at night but some during the day. The cramps weren't bad enough to warrant pain meds, but I'm used to really bad menstrual cramps. This time around, I have cramps again that are also more noticeable at night but they seem even milder this time. No cup size increase yet (bummer!!) or any other symptoms. No implantation bleeding (actually not a common symptom).

Many women have no symptoms. Be glad you do't have morning sickness yet ;-) 

Baby dust to you!! May we both have sticky pregnancies this round!!

• Options
    I am 5 weeks, and had a m/c in January at 10 weeks.  I am not having any symptoms other than fatigue.  I had two healthy pregnancies resulting in my 8 and 5 year old daughters, but after my m/c I am analyzing every little thing this pregnancy.  Good Luck to all of us!
  • Options

I am also five weeks pregnant after having a miscarriage back in July. Doctor said to wait 2 cycles before trying again. Just started ttc again this month and, wouldn't ya know, pregnant right away! Super nervous... I hate the worrying! I don't have any kids yet, so I wish that pregnancy would be an exciting and carefree time!! I guess it just doesn't work that way for everyone. 

• Options

I'm 5 weeks after a miscarriage in May '11 - I have two healthy older children and the only symptom I have so far is tender breasts. That was the same major symptom for my other pregnancies (no morning sickness at all with either of them), but I'm starting to feel a little "off", so I think this one might be rougher than the previous ones. 

I wouldn't worry about not having symptoms - it's SO early - most symptoms don't make themselves known until 6 weeks or even later. And you might be one of the lucky ones who has none of the sickness! 

DS1 - 9; DS2 - 6; Angel - May 10, 2011; Baby Girl - Due May 19, 2013
  • Options
    I can totally relate. I had a mc in May and am now 5 weeks prego although, I thought I may be prego which turns out to be true according to the test. , Before the mc I had soar breast and was extremely tired, now I don't feel symptoms but am praying all is well.
  • Options

Hey JamieJac

I had a very similar situation.  I was diagnosed at 8 weeks pregnant back in February with a blighted ovum.  Initially I had planned to naturally miscarry, however, the waiting game was too much of a mental strain.  I ulitmately had a D&C.  My husband and I just found out we are pregnant again!! We are roughly 5 weeks along!  I have guarded excitement because of the previous failed pregnancy.

With the blighted ovum, I had minimal symptoms, with the primary symptom being breast tenderness. With this pregnancy I had breast tenderness and fatigue.  Speaking with a number of women I work with, the symptoms this early in the stage vary.  Count yourself (and myself currently) lucky with no nausea!

Hope the bloodwork looked good!  Please update on your progress!!

• Options
    Hi there! I also had an mc at about 5 1/2-6 weeks, in late June just a couple months ago. Had lots of cramping that time and sore breasts. I remained calm the first time until I started bleeding. Now 5 weeks preggers again. I'm cramping again this time, but no soreness. Having guarded excitement also, but just staying calm until my first ob appointment. Blessings to you all!
  • Options

Hi Ladies!

I am also 5 weeks pregnant after one miscarraige in April. Seems like it is completely different for everyone. The first time the only symptom I had was headaches. This time I have no headaches but I have nasea, sore boobs, fatigue, and cramping. I am trying not to get my hopes up too much but I am hoping that means things are going differently this time! Good luck to everyone and I hope it works out for all of us this time!!

• Options

Hello and congratulations to all of us!  I am at day 35 - right at 5 weeks. In March 2012, I m/c at day 39 so I am just praying to get past that day, although with my first pregnancy I did not have ANY symptoms....this time just feels different.  I am slightly queasy most of the day, peeing all the time, have had cravings for green olives, vivid dreams every night, and sore boobs even before I took a preg. test last week.  I have also had insomnia - opposite of being fatigued....anyone else??  I am tired but when I go to bed I toss and turn, and even get up in the middle of the night to read or get on the computer because I can't sleep. 

Like all of you, I am hoping for a healthy pregnancy, so good luck everyone :)

• Options

I am also 5 weeks pregnant after a miscarriage 4 months ago.  My levels have been doubling, but still very nervous.  I don't think I will feel better until I see the heartbeat.  Hope things are going well for you!

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Hi,
    Fingers crossed for you and me as I am in the Same boat. I had a m/c at 9 weeks in June which was my first pregnacy. I'm 5 weeks today and feel panic at every twinge. I tested about a week before my missed period as I had really strong symptoms. Now the symptoms seem to be less noticeable just sore bbs at night and a little tired. I had 2 days of very very light brown spotting this week eith on and iff cramps. This also happened last week and my ob had me in for blood work. Hgc was rising last week but now I'm worried again. hearing your story and others is making me think this is pretty normal. Hugs and hope to all.
  • Options
    We are in the same boat!  I got pregnant for the first time and lost the baby this exact week last year.  I found out I was pregnant last week and am now 5 weeks as well.  I am so excited it feels unreal, considering it felt like it took forever to get pregnant again, so I am only saying positive thoughts.  I don't get to have my first ultrasound until week 8, so the wait is going to kill me.  I am nauseas all day, exhausted all day, and I constantly feel like I have butterflies in my belly.  Well I was just shocked someone shared my exact same time line .....I always felt alone with all of this except for my dh.  I'll send positive thoughts your way!!! I just FEEL like this time is meant to be, so I am sure it is the same for you!
  • Options

Hi Jaimejac,

it's a coincidence i'm sharing the exact timeline with you here. I had a miscarriage (blighted ovum as well, but twin) in early June, and now just turn 5 weeks' pregnant.

I got some really light pink spotting on Tuesday and again on Friday so i freaked out and called my OB, but since it's too early he ordered me to do a blood test - will do another one on Monday too. Hopefully things are fine.

Right now I'm nervous, but i guess we can;t really do much now... so just think possitively and rest. problem is i can't sleep!!! :)

Good luck to us all!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"