June 2012 Moms
Options

babyled weaning

I am reading the book now, but am a little weary. Anyone planning to do BLW? Is your pediatrician on board?

Re: babyled weaning

• Options

We are for sure planning on doing BLW.

This was always the plan, but when I went to get her 4 month shots we talked about blw. i was told that the new guidelines in canada had changed. they suggest not doing too many purees and instead introducing a variety of textures. also one of her first foods should be meats. things sure have changed.

Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We are going to do BLW as well. I am also in Canada and remember reading the guidelines venussapphire mentioned, which fall into line with BLW principles. My pedi hasn't mentioned anything about solids yet, just asked if I am still BF and reiterating that they strongly recommend EBF until 6 months. When the time comes I'll probably tell him- not ask if it's okay- if he asks. If he doesn't approve, too bad- how DS gets his food is a parenting issue, not a medical one, so I'm not looking for dr's approval. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageDisneyPeanut:
    Is it possible to do a mix of both? Start with cereals, then add babyled weaning, or even mix pured food and BLW?

Yes, that's what we did last time and will do again.

image   image

• Options
    I really don't plan on putting a whole lot of thought into it outside of making sure she doesn't choke and taking the allergy precautions.  Food for fun before they're one seems to be a good motto.
  • Options
    imageDisneyPeanut:

imageEMO-mamma:
    imageDisneyPeanut:
    Is it possible to do a mix of both? Start with cereals, then add babyled weaning, or even mix pured food and BLW?

Yes, that's what we did last time and will do again.

Thanks. Did you read any book to help you do this?

Mostly just stuff online.
    It is very scary when they gag the first time and you think they're choking. It's normal, but I'm glad I know the baby heimlich just in case.
    We would offer purees if we were eating something he couldn't, or if it just seemed like he didn't eat much. He's a great eater now.

image   image

• Options
    imagejenniferb123006:

We practiced BLW with DD1 and plan to again with DD2.  (Though with DD2 we are starting cereal now due to her reflux; DD1 never ate cereal and is just now at 2.5 years old starting to like things with that consistency.)

As for the pedi, when they asked if she was eating solids, we said yes.  When they asked what we named them off.  We never said that she wasn't eating them in a pur?ed form.  That wasn't important.

Check out the AP board.  Lots of moms there BLW.  Also feel free to PM me if you have any questions.  It was the best decision for us and DD1 will eat just about anything now.

this...ds could feed himself w a spoon before his first bday (very messy)....we will def do this again - works wonderfully when going out to eat too 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We did purees with DS1 and DD but plan to do BLW with DS2. I'm reading the book right now too, and am looking forward to it :) It makes sense to me
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"