Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Any East Coast People, storm prep

What are you all doing to prepare for Hurricane Sandy.  I am right on the Jersey Shore and it seems like we are doomed for a direct hit from this storm and I am starting to freak out.  What are you all doing to get prepared for this storm that is supposed to be historic and once in a lifetime storm??
image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Any East Coast People, storm prep

• Just make sure you have candles, batteries for your flashlights, bottled water, and non-perishable food that doesn't need to be cook. Also, make sure you have plenty of baby gear and a deck of cards. There is going to be a lot of wind and rain, and the power will probably go out, but I think this storm is going to be worse in terms of duration, as opposed to intensity (source: father in the marine police, and I've been through about 10-15 hurricanes).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I feel like they always hype up storms and then they turn out to be nothing... but however, I did make sure we have extra food in the pantry and things to eat in case we lose power....along with candles and flashlights etc.  We are not near the coast, but make sure you are not at risk for flooding... if I even had a question of that I would find a hotel way inland to ride it all out. I am also going to make sure phone is fully charged and I have a full tank of gas. Storm might end up being nothing but it doesn't hurt to be fully prepared.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • my family have a house on LBI. My parents are down there securing anything outside...we are Philly suburbs but still going to make sure we have water, flashlights, candles etc just in case.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I am so nervous about this storm.  It seems like even far inland is going to get hit pretty hard.  I know they usually hype up these storms, but the local news station is really warning us big time and they never do that.  Now mandatory evacuations have been ordered for some of the surrounding towns starting Sunday.  I know it's really as a precaution but it still makes me nervous.  All I can think about is that storm we had the end of June (Derecho) and we were without power for almost a week.  
    image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was in NJ last year when Irene hit. It flooded some water resevoir so we couldn't drink tap water and lost power for 2 days. So everything in the fridge went bad. I would get several gallons of water, and formula for your lo.
  • I stocked up on bottled water, DS has plenty of formula and jarred purees in case we can't cook, we have batteries, flashlights and candles. We are in central PA so I imagine we will get hit pretty hard with either rain and/or snow.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"