Two Under 2

Anyone have previa with their second?

At 15.5 weeks I had partial pevia. At 16.5 they said it was low lying. At 19, they said it moved up and yesterday at 20.1 they said it is marginal (at my AS).

Anyway, my doctor told me not to lift my toddler. Which seems impossible being that he has to go upstairs and nap, get in his highchair, etc. I guess I can try and get a sitter her if I need to run errands and my H can get him in the morning and put him in his crib at night, but all of this seems close to impossible. She mentioned cord abruption so I'm definitely concerned and will do my best not to lift him often. Anyone else go through this? WDYD?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Anyone have previa with their second?

• I didn't have issues while pregnant but I couldn't lift dd after my c/s. an she also naps on the second floor and has a high chair. I put a pack and play in the living room still had to lift her in and she was not easy to put to nap in it but had to do it and it was better than carrying her upstairs as for the high chair I put a stool in front of it and removed the tray and had her climb with my help in and out.
  • I was diagnosed with complete previa at my AS(around 18wks) and told not to lift my toddler. My husband and I both work so he was at my mother in laws house during the day. She would help get him in and out of the car at her house so I would only have to lift him in and out at home. My husband did all of the lifting while he was home. I basically just tried to do it as little as possible. I was put on complete bed rest at 31wks due to a bleed and after that I couldn't pick him up at all. During this time my husband did all of the lifting. He also dropped him off and picked him up from daycare. He wasn't allowed to be home alone with me at all. It was hard but worth it to keep his little sister safe. Good luck!!
    BFP #1 6/21/08 natural m/c 7/4/08 BFP #2 10/3/08 blighted ovum discovered 11/5/08 D&C 11/13/08 dx with hetero MTHFR 1/7/09 BFP #3 7/1/09 DS born 3/7/10 BFP #4 1/27/10 DD born 9/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageaandg:
    I was diagnosed with complete previa at my AS(around 18wks) and told not to lift my toddler. My husband and I both work so he was at my mother in laws house during the day. She would help get him in and out of the car at her house so I would only have to lift him in and out at home. My husband did all of the lifting while he was home. I basically just tried to do it as little as possible. I was put on complete bed rest at 31wks due to a bleed and after that I couldn't pick him up at all. During this time my husband did all of the lifting. He also dropped him off and picked him up from daycare. He wasn't allowed to be home alone with me at all. It was hard but worth it to keep his little sister safe. Good luck!!

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Did it ever move?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagemelaniedel:

imageaandg:
    I was diagnosed with complete previa at my AS(around 18wks) and told not to lift my toddler. My husband and I both work so he was at my mother in laws house during the day. She would help get him in and out of the car at her house so I would only have to lift him in and out at home. My husband did all of the lifting while he was home. I basically just tried to do it as little as possible. I was put on complete bed rest at 31wks due to a bleed and after that I couldn't pick him up at all. During this time my husband did all of the lifting. He also dropped him off and picked him up from daycare. He wasn't allowed to be home alone with me at all. It was hard but worth it to keep his little sister safe. Good luck!!

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Did it ever move?

Unfortunatly I was in the small percentage that didn't move. I think my dr said 80-90% of previas clear by 36wks. Mine didn't. My daughter was born via c section at exactly 36wks(early labor) and she was perfect. She came home with us right away and did not need any NICU time.

BFP #1 6/21/08 natural m/c 7/4/08 BFP #2 10/3/08 blighted ovum discovered 11/5/08 D&C 11/13/08 dx with hetero MTHFR 1/7/09 BFP #3 7/1/09 DS born 3/7/10 BFP #4 1/27/10 DD born 9/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didnt have previa but i had a placental tear and couldnt lift DS for several weeks. We just had DH set us up downstairs with everything we'd need for the day. DS had to nap on the couch with me and didnt eat in his highchair for a while. It was a pain, but you gotta do what you gotta do.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"