Adoption

$ raising success stories

My husband and I are considering international adoption (younger child through Russia) at this point.  We are starting to save $ while researching everything and making sure this is the right path for us.  I didn't know if any of you had any $ saving tips, fundraiser success stories, etc. 

I bought the book Adopt without Debt which is great and full of ideas but would love to hear from all of you.  Thanks so much.

Re: $ raising success stories

• I'm hoping Jillian responds...She is also adopting through Russia and did a lot of fundraising.  She went into a lot of details on her blog, which I think is a great source or information for international adoptions. 

GL!  Welcome to the board!

TTC since June 2009 DX: PCOS October 2010
    6 medicated cycles, 2 pregnancies, 1 ectopic April 2011, Early Miscarriage August 2011
    7 more cycles, 1 IUI, No success after last pregnancy
    7/1/2012 No more fertility coverage
    8/17/2012 started pursuing domestic infant adoption!
    11/26/2012 HOME STUDY APPROVED!!!
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
    When relaxing didn't work is my new blog!
  • Thanks Allie-Jo.  I bought the book Adopt without Debt because of Jillian putting it on her blog!  Love her blog. 

• Loading the player...
  • imagesmithpaint:
    Thanks Allie-Jo.  I bought the book Adopt without Debt because of Jillian putting it on her blog!  Love her blog. 

Awesome!  Well obviously you have already read my advice, but here's a big YOU CAN DO IT!  :-)

TTC September 2010 thru October 2011
    SA February 2011: Normal
    RE App. October 2011 - Recc. Clomid and IUI

Taking a break from TTC to pursue adoption

Met our 2 year old son in Russia July 2012!
    Court trip October 2012
    Home November 24 2012!

Back to RE Summer 2013. TTC journey continues: 

Dx DOR, endometriosis, low sperm count 
    Clomid + IUI#1, #2 = BFN / IUI #3 = ???

Laparoscopy scheduled December 2013

Adding a Burden
  • imagejillianmb:

imagesmithpaint:
    Thanks Allie-Jo.  I bought the book Adopt without Debt because of Jillian putting it on her blog!  Love her blog. 

Awesome!  Well obviously you have already read my advice, but here's a big YOU CAN DO IT!  :-)

I hope you're right!  Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"