C-sections
Options

Bruised

Anyone else end up with a bruised belly button? How long did it last?  I'm 11 days post cs and it is scary looking!  

Re: Bruised

• Options

Wow.  This didn't happen to me with either c/s.  My incision is several inches below my belly button.

Is it tender at all?  How far is your incsion from your belly button?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My incision is low. I go to the dr Friday for my 2 week. I will ask about it. It's more ugly than sore, but everywhere seems a little tender in the belly area. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

not near my belly button, but from below my incision all the way down I got swollen and bruised.  The most horrific, grossest looking thing ever.  I was blue....seriously gross.  I had blood pool under all of my steri strips, so when they took them off I literally had strips of blood.  It took 3 months for it to go away completely.  Mine was bad though.  My Dr. said that he must have missed a bleed during the section, but it wasn't any important artery or anything because it wasn't red and that sometimes these things happen.  If it is red, inflamed, etc. then you should call your dr.

Remember bruises look worse before they get better.  It is the nature of a bruise healing.  If you think there is something wrong call the dr. :) 

DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • Options
    Update- I was told its my linea nigra and it only shows in my belly button- should go away in a few months. I have very fair skin- it looks really weird. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"