TTC after 35
Options

CM question

I'm 38.5. I get at most one day of slightly slippery CM. I almost never get EWCM. About 7 years ago I had days of EWCM. But I had no husband and wasn't TTC then. Is this common at AMA?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: CM question

• Options
    I am not 100% sure. I still get 2-3 days of good CM. I did notice this cycle I drank a ton of water and cut back my caffeine and alcohol. I guess that left me super hydrated. My CM was way better.
    Me:37 DH:40 Married 7/2009 TTC since 5/2012 
    BFP 4/2013, Our Christmas Miracle Due 12/18/2013
  • Options

imageicogburn:
    I am not 100% sure. I still get 2-3 days of good CM. I did notice this cycle I drank a ton of water and cut back my caffeine and alcohol. I guess that left me super hydrated. My CM was way better.

This!  Hydration can be key!  Some women try green tea up until O , but water works better for me.  Cutting caffeine way back also made mine go from little to tons!

Also EWCM isn't the only fertile CM...  you can use things like Preseed (sperm friendly lube that feels kinda like EWCM) that might help.  

Good luck!

***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Hmmm, didn't think about caffeine affecting CM - I'm not a coffee drinker, but I do love my tea!  Might have to cut back on that.  I've been TTC for a couple of months but only in the last couple of weeks got onto TB and Fertility Friend and started really researching and learning about all the aspects of TTC.  I can honestly say I never gave a thought to the state of my mucus before this! lol  I think I have noticed, now that I'm more aware of it, that I've been 'drier' lately - I know my usual water intake has been down and as the weather cools down ahead of winter I'm drinking more tea than I was before.  I'm going to try to be more conscientious about drinking more water every day, and *try* to cut back on my beloved Earl Grey/Baroness Grey teas!  Although I think these teas have considerably less caffeine than coffee, so might be ok.

This begs the question, though - I see green tea is recommended for the pre-ovulation phase, but green tea is caffeinated too.  So would you then recommend caffeine-free green tea?  Depending on the brand, decaf green tea is decaffeinated in several different ways that can affect the good properties you're going for in drinking green tea, to a greater or lesser degree depending on the process.  Anyways, just got me thinking. :)

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Options

I remeber when I was younger (like in my 20's) when I hated my CM, it was excessive and I always had to wear pantyliners cause during the wet phase I could soak through....to have those days back!

Anyway I have been dry too, this month I started taking FertileCm and fertilitea and I noticed ALOT more CM...not as much as my younger days but the most I have had since TTC....it might help you too.

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"