~~FFFC~~

2»

Re: ~~FFFC~~

• imageGoMaltby18:
    imageblush64:
    imageGoMaltby18:
    imageMommaG123:
    imagethediarywithin:

I told my husband that for his birthday present, I would allow him to have his friends come and stay over for a guy's night and play video games all night long. His birthday is today and eight guys are coming to stay at our house and play video games at 6pm.  

Is your husband a teenager?  Grown men still have sleepovers playing video games all night? 

THANK YOU.  This is exactly what I was thinking, "did she marry a 13 year old?"   

I'm glad this would be my husband's idea of fun. His friends wil get together and do this sometimes. I don't think it's any worse than guys getting together to play baseball or hockey. (just less active) And I think it's certainly not worse than guys to go out to bars and getting drunk for "guys night".

First, the video game thing, while not my style, is not my problem here.  You're right, poker, out at the bar, watching the game, all the same.  Having 8 guys sleep over?  That is strange.

Second, she said she told him she "would allow him" to do this.  MH is a grown adult and doesn't need me to allow him to do anything. 

I didn't mean allow him. I don't allow him to do anything. He used to have them four times a year before our daughter was born. We agreed on once a year for the sake of our daughter. Because she would have a hard time sleeping with the guys here. Also it's only two guys who are actually staying over the night. The others live in town so they will go home to their wives and kids. One is his best friend who is our daughter's godfather and the other is my brother-in-law both of them live three hours away.  

Mom of 3 (Ginny 4 yrs old), (Miles 2 yrs old), and (Mason due June 15th) 
  • imagembody:

imageMommaG123:
    I am craving Spagetti O's insanely bad right now.

OMG I had Spaghetti O's three days in a row last week. No Joke. I needed them.

And I made DH go get them and he loves buying off brands so I warned him that 'pasta o's' won't do and don't get the alphabet kind either. Haha!

I have had them 4 times in the last two weeks, and I always feel really icky afterwards, but they are SO good!

I dip nacho cheese doritos in them

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Honestly, who cares if there are 8 guys staying over? I'd rather that, than the alternative of having 8 men driving themselves home after having a few too many beers.

If anything her husband is being a responsible adult for providing his friends the option to stay the night. I don't see what the big deal is here. 

ETA - Oops. Meant to quote. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagetuffytiff:
    I hate interrupted sleep! Peeing at night at least 2 times, dd waking me up to go pee, dd demanding cartoons cereal at an ungodly hour, driving my teen to school by 7am. The dog whining to go pee! And why do the kids always wake me up?! Why not dh? I just want a solid 8 hours of zzzz! Yes I know, in all reality it will be years before this will happen, lol!

Yes this is me!!! My 3yr old has to pee @ 2a.m. then of course I had have to pee as well then my DH gets up at 4a.m. for work.  The alarm goes off at 4 but I have to hit the snooze for another 20 mins.  Then I have to wake him up at 4:20 am. Because he's all of 15 and is pouting the entire time:-(  Then I can't get back to sleep until 5 and then my boys are ready to get up at 6 when we don't even have to start getting ready for school until 7.  Then I put one on the bus at 8 and drop the other off at 9.   Sleep what in the world is that LOL...

• imagethediarywithin:

I didn't mean allow him. I don't allow him to do anything. He used to have them four times a year before our daughter was born. We agreed on once a year for the sake of our daughter. Because she would have a hard time sleeping with the guys here. Also it's only two guys who are actually staying over the night. The others live in town so they will go home to their wives and kids. One is his best friend who is our daughter's godfather and the other is my brother-in-law both of them live three hours away.  

That all makes much more sense.  I wasn't trying to be a jerk, but the "allowing" your spouse thing always really irks me.  People are always asking stuff like "would you let your husband?" and my thought is I married and adult, I don't "let" him do things and I don't ask him permission to do things.  And having people stay over from far away makes sense.  The way you made it seem at first sounded like you really married a 13 year old, whose idea of a good time was asking if he would have 8 guys sleep over.

• imagekpaivel:

Honestly, who cares if there are 8 guys staying over? I'd rather that, than the alternative of having 8 men driving themselves home after having a few too many beers.

If anything her husband is being a responsible adult for providing his friends the option to stay the night. I don't see what the big deal is here. 

ETA - Oops. Meant to quote. 

This!

• imagebhjones1980:
    imagedillngr9:

imageJohnsonShmonson:
    I flick my boogers on the floor next to my bed then my dog licks them. DH always asks what he is doing and I have him convinced our dog is crazy and just likes eating carpet.

OMG.  I am laughing hysterically right now at this!!

Yep, I think we have a winner!

Agreed!

TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• imageJohnsonShmonson:
    I have another one...I was really surprised when people responded normally to the poster yesterday that said she felt like a tard Maybe I just lurk on other boards too much, but when I have seen others use similar words it doesn't get ignored.

I was just catching up on the stuff I missed from yesterday and thought that as well! I was very surprised that it was more or less ignored.

• imageAliciaR777:

imageJohnsonShmonson:
    I have another one...I was really surprised when people responded normally to the poster yesterday that said she felt like a tard Maybe I just lurk on other boards too much, but when I have seen others use similar words it doesn't get ignored.

I must have been in a daze yesterday.  I responded to that post, so I know I read it, but didn't see the "tard" part until someone else brought it up.  I have found that the majority of ladies here don't use the snark & name calling as much as other boards - maybe I'm so used to not seeing it that I just read right over it when it's there.  Either way, it was totally inappropriate!

Somehow I missed it too but responded to her post. I really don't like people using the R word or other forms of it, I'm not sure how I didn't see it... I blame exhaustion.

**BFP 6/2/2015
    Toddler Boy 5/24/2013
  • I have one more.

It really annoys me when my MIL comments on everything I post on FB. I'm sure she thinks she is hilarious, but mostly it's not. I know I can block her from seeing everything... but we have too many 'friends' in common for her to not catch on.

BabyName Ticker
  • imagedillngr9:

imageJohnsonShmonson:
    I flick my boogers on the floor next to my bed then my dog licks them. DH always asks what he is doing and I have him convinced our dog is crazy and just likes eating carpet.

OMG.  I am laughing hysterically right now at this!!

ME TOO, HYSTERICALLY!!!!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

CafeMom Tickers

• imageAddysMommy2011:
    imagePetraStonegirl:

imageJohnsonShmonson:
    I have another one...I was really surprised when people responded normally to the poster yesterday that said she felt like a tardMaybe I just lurk on other boards too much, but when I have seen others use similar words it doesn't get ignored.

I definitely missed that. So not cool.

Wow, I missed that too!  It's sad that people feel the need to use words like that.

WHAT? I missed this one, I work for Special Olympics and let me tell you. It's pretty much ILLEGAL to use that word-or even the slang part of it. jack@$$

CafeMom Tickers

• imagecaitlandrenee:
    I generally like everyone I work with, but I get irritated with the majority of them on a daily basis because they make far more money than I do but can't figure out how to do easy things on their own.  They are mostly "sales people" and make hundreds of thousands if not millions a year, and yet they cannot figure out how to delete a row or cell in an Excel spreadsheet or make corrections in a Word document without asking me for help (it's called Google or the help button in the program).  These are programs they work in on a daily/weekly basis and they should know the basics.  And it's not a generation thing either because some of them are young! 

This is me. Why do they get paid so well  and yet ask me to do things for them?

CafeMom Tickers

• imagePetraStonegirl:

imageJohnsonShmonson:
    I have another one...I was really surprised when people responded normally to the poster yesterday that said she felt like a tardMaybe I just lurk on other boards too much, but when I have seen others use similar words it doesn't get ignored.

I just read it and a few people jumped on it.  I am not sure if she saw it though.  I figured since other people jumped on it I didn't need to. 

In relation to that one of my supposedly genius, open minded, worldly staff members used that word in front of me at lunch yesterday.  He will be hearing about it in our staff meeting today.

•  

While I am not a fan of either one in a couple "allowing" anyone to do anything this is a FFFC so maybe let's not flame...

• This morning I went out on wild goose chase hunting down gummie worms for a work thing...  I went to 4 different stores- no large bags of gummie worms.  So while I was on the hunt I got my neices birthday present squared away and then because I am pretty much over everything I went and got a pedicure...

• imageRidgebackMom:

imagecaitlandrenee:
    I generally like everyone I work with, but I get irritated with the majority of them on a daily basis because they make far more money than I do but can't figure out how to do easy things on their own.  They are mostly "sales people" and make hundreds of thousands if not millions a year, and yet they cannot figure out how to delete a row or cell in an Excel spreadsheet or make corrections in a Word document without asking me for help (it's called Google or the help button in the program).  These are programs they work in on a daily/weekly basis and they should know the basics.  And it's not a generation thing either because some of them are young! 

This is me. Why do they get paid so well  and yet ask me to do things for them?

I could have written this word for word. No I will not look up the address of a hotel for you, you can Google it just like I would do.

• imageRidgebackMom:
    imageAddysMommy2011:
    imagePetraStonegirl:

imageJohnsonShmonson:

Wow, I missed that too!  It's sad that people feel the need to use words like that.

WHAT? I missed this one, I work for Special Olympics and let me tell you. It's pretty much ILLEGAL to use that word-or even the slang part of it. jack@$$

Your jack@$$ comment comes up as an email link option, haha! Also, where is that post? I used the word turd today...I hope people knew I was referencing to a piece of crap! I hate the use of that word!  

imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

• There was some talk about this yesterday (or maybe the day before) and I'm probably gonna get some flames, but...I think that bare belly pregnancy photos and painted bellies are gross.  Beyond that, I believe that they should never earn a spot on mantles or on FB.  I think it's great if people take them for themselves, but I do not care to see them.  
  • imageKateRN08:
    I think people are making way too big of a deal that her husband is having the guys sleep over to play video games. Who cares? My husband would love to stay up all night to play video games once a year and no he isn't a 13 year old. I think it is rude of the poster who said that. I'm glad my husband would prefer to stay in with his buddies to have some beers and play video games than go out and get drunk at a bar.

I totally agree. It's not like it's every weekend. It's his birthday!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I agree with KateRN08.  I thought this was supposed to be flame free.  Stop being so judgemental PP's.   
  • After reading all the previous posts, the only thing I can think about is how badly I want Spaghetti-O's now...and how I have to work my part-time job tonight, so the earliest I'd be able to eat them is like 1am!!!!
  •  

Don't get me wrong I have no problem with you doing it for him or whatever I just had no idea that it's something grown men would want to do. KWIM?  

Rather this than want to go out drinking and to a strip club. Dont hate.

photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • All I can think about is sex! We haven't done it in weeks because we've been taking care of his dad and now we're grieving but it's all I can think about. I haven't asked DH for any sexy time and I don't plan on it until he's ready, but dang do I want some!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In the last 3 days, I have had SIX salami and cheese sandwiches. It's all I want to eat besides Raisin Bran cereal (I've had 5 bowls of that in 2 days which is much more acceptable than cured meat) and I just need to get something in my stomach for a few days, then I'll try to be good again!
  • image2010Bride2be:

1. Dh and I have not had sex since our BFP. I'm afraid and just not in the mood. but will give in this weekend. Pray for me. 

2. I almost purchased a baby bag from the Coach outlet. I know, too early.

3. Wendy's sounds phenomenal right now. I think I will have a #2 for lunch.  

LOL, neither have my DH and I. And he doesn't want to, either. I'm starting to think we're going to be a weird asexual couple.
    MMC 02/16/12
    DS1 05/03/13
    Natural MC 10/01/14
    DD1 01/08/16
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"