August 2012 Moms

FFFC

Go for it.
A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
SCANDAL!

Re: FFFC

• Every time I read about someone letting their two month old CIO, I think about whether they have a conscience or not. I got out of the shower the other day and DS had started crying in the middle of my shower. He was red in the face and his poor little face was soaked in tears...from five minutes. How can you even look at yourself in the mirror after letting your newborn do that for an HOUR? I'll just never understand and I'd never be able to. Sleep training at the right age is appropriate, but now? just because you want to sleep? Being a parent is about being selfless...buy yourself a coffee and get over it.

ETA: Here's another one: If I were to get pregnant right now, I'd probably act like I was going to throw myself off of a bridge, for dramatic effect/it'd be the response everyone would be looking for, but in all honesty, I'd be okay with it. I never thought I'd be able to have kids, so I'll never be upset about a BFP. God doesn't give you more than you can handle...or at least that's my theory. 

A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• imageanbeck4:
    Every time I read about someone letting their two month old CIO, I think about whether they have a conscience or not. I got out of the shower the other day and DS had started crying in the middle of my shower. He was red in the face and his poor little face was soaked in tears...from five minutes. How can you even look at yourself in the mirror after letting your newborn do that for an HOUR? I'll just never understand and I'd never be able to. Sleep training at the right age is appropriate, but now? just because you want to sleep? Being a parent is about being selfless...buy yourself a coffee and get over it.

I know, I can't stand to see him cry, I could never ever CIO.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicPhotobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • I pretend I have to poop sometimes. So I can be alone and not have an 8 year old badgering me and a baby hanging off my boob. Pretend poops are my only solid blocks of quiet time besides when the kids are sleeping.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • There is a man in this town that if I see him walking towards me I try to avoid him by crossing the sidewalk or going down another street. Sometimes that doesn't work and he crosses after I cross and tries to touch DS with his yellow cigarette stained fingers and he looks and smells dirty. He mumbles in a very thick accent and can't seem to find words for what they mean (example is he asked my DH if I was better yet, he meant if I was no longer pregnant). I just feel bad that I am avoiding him on purpose but I don't want him touching DS's face again.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicPhotobucket
  • I'm mad at DF for parking in the garage. He woke up Dax in turn woke me up. In turn I put him in bed with me. He started to scream. He woke up Addy. I'm mother effing pissed this vicious cycle ruined the extra hour of sleep I could have gotten. My confession? I'm going to escape this weekend. I might skip my nieces birthday to get away from people. I'll debate taking Addy since she seems to think she can't survive five minutes without me suddenly. And that my friends is what will piss the family off the most. OH WELL!!!!
    image"Lilypie">imageimage

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I chat with my facebook friends when I poop.

• imageScout2005:

imageexc1tedforbaby1:
    We're not returning my SD on Sunday

Sounds like you are acting in the best interest of SD. Who leaves a 5 year old alone in a house? Scary.

I hope you are working with a lawyer, documenting, all that good stuff. Only because if it's a CO and you don't return her to her mom, she could file charges and your husband end up in contempt of court. Then SD will be returned to her anyway, and that's not what anyone wants.

Are you filing emergency paperwork? 

eta: Never mind, I see that there is no CO in place. I would get one put in place pronto. 

eta2: Document EVERYTHING.

We always document. Thankfully she's usually dumb enough to say things in a text message. But it's never been this bad. I'll probably delete that soon.. I have zero idea what we are going to do with her on Monday.. I start my new job and again, SO has zero time off.. When i picked her up, BM had her friend in the car. First place they went was a restaurant. Like uhh. Shouldn't you concentrate on what's going on? I know me and SO might not have the greatest relationship right now. But
    My kids safety comes first. If that was compromised, I'd be out faster than he could blink.
    Shane 8/19/12 Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • I'm in such a foul mood today and I don't know why. I hope it's because we had sex too soon after I started BC and they hadn't *took* yet and I'm pregnant. But I know it's because I'm on BC again and it's making my hormones wonky.

I'm going to let myself be a *** to my husband today. To be fair, when I do feel hormonal and that he is the reason for all wrongs, I usually supress it and release my rage in other ways, because he's really a good guy. But I feel like if I don't get this out of my system somehow I might splode.

I hope he forgives me for this, but I need it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageScout2005:
    imagesarzer121:

I cut a onesie off my daughter yesterday after a blowout... sacrifice a onesie so my daughter isn't a "poo-poo head" seems like a pretty good deal.

I have done the same. BUT LIFE CHANGING INFORMATION:

The onesies are designed to be slipped down the shoulders and arms, so you can slide them off instead of going over the head in these situations.

I had no idea until someone on TB told me. It has sincerely made our existence better, knowing this. 

Are you kidding me!? How am I on my second child and not know this!?! I could clothe a small African nation with one onesies I've had to cut off.  

Since we're talking about clothes, here's my FFFC - I hate Carter's. All the stupid little phrases, the babyish animals, the matchy-matchyness. I've returned or consigned every Carters outfit we've ever received.  

Proud Mama to cleft cutie <3
  • I'm seriously frustrated with my daughters acting out. At first it was coloring on the toilet, then not keeping her mouth shut at school, and now it's stealing and lying. I'm so done. I have resorted twice to her just writing sentences for hours in end. Taking tv stopped working, taking away all candy thats what she got in trouble for sneaking and hiding in every crevices imaginable in her room and play room, and after yesterday's stunt resulting in the asst principle I took away halloween. Ugh!!
    I make sure she has us time. As much as possible between hubs work schedule, Amir only taking 30 min naps and her being sick. I'm at a loss.
  • I fell asleep twice this week while burping Oliver during MOTN feedings. I woke up two hours later both times and he was sound asleep in my arm. It freaked me out! The flammable part is I actually was glad I got an extra 2 hours if sleep both times.
  • Oh...to add another I should be eating more tarball this morning but I ready just want to eat lasagna that I made last night.
  • I am 5 lbs under my prepregnancy weight and all of my jeans fit. One pair is even TOO BIG! Flame away.

Also, a few weeks ago I was at the farmers' market with DS in the Moby. I had to sneeze and wanted to protect his head from the impact of my chin. Forgot to cover my mouth and sneezed all over the cantoloupe. I just hoped no one saw me. At least if wasn't a fruit that has edible skin.
    I make cute babies.

IMG_0872

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I want to quit breastfeeding but I haven't because I feel like I don't have a good enough reason.
  • imagelady_tytah:
    I'm seriously frustrated with my daughters acting out. At first it was coloring on the toilet, then not keeping her mouth shut at school, and now it's stealing and lying. I'm so done. I have resorted twice to her just writing sentences for hours in end. Taking tv stopped working, taking away all candy thats what she got in trouble for sneaking and hiding in every crevices imaginable in her room and play room, and after yesterday's stunt resulting in the asst principle I took away halloween. Ugh!! I make sure she has us time. As much as possible between hubs work schedule, Amir only taking 30 min naps and her being sick. I'm at a loss.

OMG I'm so sorry... :(

• One of my best friends announced she is pregnant with her second baby and due in May.  I am incredibly jealous.  I want to be pregnant again...what is wrong with me!!!!
    995468_10151780121619767_1204953917_n
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I hate condoms so much I have been avoiding sex with my DH, until I get my iud Monday. It's not that I don't feel like doing it, I just cannot stand them. They make me irritated, and just gross me out in general. And I know if I told him why I just "haven't been in the mood" he would just beg me to do it without one. But I do not want to be pregnant again right now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have no fashion sense so I haven't dressed DD in anything other than onesies. I hate how pants look because tuckedin shirts bother me so I just cover her legs if we go anywhere chilly. We go home to the Midwest in a little over a month and I don't know what I'm going to do about dressing her.

"To be able to practice five things everywhere under heaven constitutes perfect virtue...gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness."

• I find Pitbull (the rapper, not the dog) sexy.

(hangs head in shame) 
    imageimageimage
    Anniversary              Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageBemyselfandi:

imagelady_tytah:
    I'm seriously frustrated with my daughters acting out. At first it was coloring on the toilet, then not keeping her mouth shut at school, and now it's stealing and lying. I'm so done. I have resorted twice to her just writing sentences for hours in end. Taking tv stopped working, taking away all candy thats what she got in trouble for sneaking and hiding in every crevices imaginable in her room and play room, and after yesterday's stunt resulting in the asst principle I took away halloween. Ugh!! I make sure she has us time. As much as possible between hubs work schedule, Amir only taking 30 min naps and her being sick. I'm at a loss.

OMG I'm so sorry... :(

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this, but it sounds like you are handling it the best you can.  Stay strong, momma! 

imageimageimage
    Anniversary              Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• When I wake up in the middle of the night, if I can't tell if DD is awake, I'll jiggle her a little or move her arms and wake her up for my own peace of mind. I feel guilty but she usually goes right back to sleep.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • imageScout2005:
    imagesarzer121:

I cut a onesie off my daughter yesterday after a blowout... sacrifice a onesie so my daughter isn't a "poo-poo head" seems like a pretty good deal.

The onesies are designed to be slipped down the shoulders and arms, so you can slide them off instead of going over the head in these situations.

I had no idea until someone on TB told me. It has sincerely made our existence better, knowing this.&nbsp;

I didn't know they were made this way but I do take them off that way. Also he sleeps in those sleep gowns with the elastic at the bottom. I have pulled them up from the bottom rather than over his head since day one. They have that same neckline.
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Since being on maternity leave I watched the whole Lost series in two weeks!!! That's 120 episodes at 45 mins each. SMH
    SMOOCHES FOR ALL!!!

• I get bored during the day because my kid sleeps so much. He hits an hour awake and had a meltdown. I have on occasion kept him awake to entertain myself. Those evenings aren't fun...
    imageimage
  • My OB said I was an excellent candidate for a vbac because it was his positioning that made me have a c/s. There is a part of me that feels cheated about my day and a half ordeal and wants to try again for a natural birth.

There's another part of me that reminds me I've been through it all. I labored. I pushed. I had forceps. I know what all of that feels like so do I really need a vbac? A RCS doesn't sound so bad. I could sleep the night before and not be so exhausted I'm afraid to hold my baby. I would know what to expect. My OB said I could do either one so the decision is mine. I know I'll probably try for my NB but I'm tempted to take the easy way out.

• I fully agree with all of you about that awful CIO post...it broke my heart, and I'm just a soulless joketelling Internet robot!

I have 2 confessions today!

1. I LOVE the new Taylor Swift album! She's like a little blonde unicorn and the songs are so cheese ball amazing. It's glorious, I don't think I've stopped dancing to "I Knew You Were Trouble" for days. Hate away, I don't give one solitary fluck!

2. I was going to do early voting today, but I might put it off until Monday. It's 55 degrees outside today... she says while shivering, as the entire nation of Canada laughs its arse off.

AUGUST 2012 UNICORN

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I dont like the outfits DH dressed the twins in today. (they dont match at all) so while he is at work I am going to change them & if he asks I will just say they spit up.

• imageCourtneySue:
    I dont like the outfits DH dressed the twins in today. they dont match at all so while he is at work I am going to change them amp; if he asks I will just say they spit up.

That's funny. If I had twins I would try not to match them! But I never like how H dresses Howell.

• imagesarzer121:

I have a halloween costume for her but probably won't put it on her, as it seems complicated to put on and would only be on her for a photo opportunity. Dressing a baby is difficult enough; I think I'll pass on the torture of putting on the costume for my selfish picture-taking obsession... I hope I don't regret this when she gets older, therefore I'm still on the fence, to dress up or not to, that is the question. (talk about run-on sentence, I'm a rambler) Side note, I'll be the only one home to see it!

HAHA! I wanted to take my DS out one afternoon, but the DC had put him in a long sleeve onesie b/c he spit up.  It was too warm out to take him in a long sleeve onesie, so I considered cutting the arms off. LOL 

• imagelovebug33:
    When I wake up in the middle of the night, if I can't tell if DD is awake, I'll jiggle her a little or move her arms and wake her up for my own peace of mind. I feel guilty but she usually goes right back to sleep.

I do the exact same thing. :
  • My FFFC is that I judge people who go whole hog into one political candidate and says that the other candidate has zero good qualities. How can you agree with 100% of what one person says and agree with 0% of what another says? Obviously, most prefer one person over the other but to say the other person has NOTHING to offer is just obsured.
  • imagelindseysquared:
    imageBemyselfandi:

imagelady_tytah:
    I'm seriously frustrated with my daughters acting out. At first it was coloring on the toilet, then not keeping her mouth shut at school, and now it's stealing and lying. I'm so done. I have resorted twice to her just writing sentences for hours in end. Taking tv stopped working, taking away all candy thats what she got in trouble for sneaking and hiding in every crevices imaginable in her room and play room, and after yesterday's stunt resulting in the asst principle I took away halloween. Ugh!!
    I make sure she has us time. As much as possible between hubs work schedule, Amir only taking 30 min naps and her being sick. I'm at a loss.

&nbsp;OMG I'm so sorry... :(

&nbsp;

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this, but it sounds like you are handling it the best you can. &nbsp;Stay strong, momma!&nbsp;

Thanks ladies!! I'm trying...talk about learning patience lol...not my strongest suit but I'm getting there
  • imageScout2005:
    imagesarzer121:

I had no idea until someone on TB told me. It has sincerely made our existence better, knowing this.&nbsp;

I've been wondering what to do in this situation. Thank you!
  • imageBaker_Bride:
    imageCourtneySue:
    I dont like the outfits DH dressed the twins in today. they dont match at all so while he is at work I am going to change them amp; if he asks I will just say they spit up.

I dont match them but I do like them to be on the same dressy level. HA!
    No he dressed them & their pants & their own shirts didn't even match! I know I should be grateful that he dressed them but I could handle the crazy combos!! I have OCD issues
    That's funny. If I had twins I would try not to match them! But I never like how H dresses Howell.
  • imageScout2005:

imageBaker_Bride:
    My OB said I was an excellent candidate for a vbac because it was his positioning that made me have a c/s. There is a part of me that feels cheated about my day and a half ordeal and wants to try again for a natural birth.

There's another part of me that reminds me I've been through it all. I labored. I pushed. I had forceps. I know what all of that feels like so do I really need a vbac? A RCS doesn't sound so bad. I could sleep the night before and not be so exhausted I'm afraid to hold my baby. I would know what to expect. My OB said I could do either one so the decision is mine. I know I'll probably try for my NB but I'm tempted to take the easy way out.

You have plenty of time to decide, so don't worry about it now. Circumstances may decide for you next time.

BTW, while I loved both my c/s (really, they were awesome), I don't know that I would classify a RCS as "easy." Don't get me wrong, it held infinite appeal to me personally over a VBAC and scheduled c/s are a thousand times better than emergency ones after failed labor. But easy way out...that's pushing it. No pun intended.

eta: You know ,this came out wrong. What I was trying to say is, there's no meter for how hard a birth has to be. If the day comes and you decide to do a RCS, that's great. Go for it without feeling like you're cheating or opting for a lesser, easier route. It's all hard, it's all legitimate, and it's all fine. There is NOTHING wrong with deciding not to go through what happened this last time, and you shouldn't give yourself any guilt about it.

The goal is healthy baby, healthy mommy, as little trauma as possible. If a RCS gives you peace of mind, then it's a valid and excellent choice. If you are going to be sorry you didn't try for the VBAC, and circumstances permit an attempt, then there's your answer.

I just meant it's not taking the easy way out to go for a RCS. It's making the choice that works best for you, and that is a-okay.&nbsp;

That's what I was really trying to say but didn't.&nbsp;

Easy wasn't the word I'm looking for either. I feel like I put all this stock in my birth with this one and I see how little it mattered after the fact. I was really bummed at first. Now I'm over the fact that I didn't get the birth of my dreams, so to speak. I just don't know if I can do 38 hours and wind up with a second degree tear and still have a c section again. That sucked. A lot. If I wind up with a big baby who is looking to the left again, I'm just saying it wouldn't deviatate me the way I thought it would with this one.

• I hate going to Halloween parties unless I have a decent costume. It seems like the expectations are so high because I'm a costume designer. It's probably all in my head but it bugs me.

Meanwhile Mina's costume is almost done and I have absolutely no idea what DH and I are going to wear. What quick and easy costume goes with a Dalek?
  • imageLindsayDesigner:
    I hate going to Halloween parties unless I have a decent costume. It seems like the expectations are so high because I'm a costume designer. It's probably all in my head but it bugs me.

Meanwhile Mina's costume is almost done and I have absolutely no idea what DH and I are going to wear. What quick and easy costume goes with a Dalek?

It's the same when I get asked to bring a dessert to a dinner party. I feel like pound cake wouldn't be good enough since I used to be a pastry chef.

• imageLindsayDesigner:
    I hate going to Halloween parties unless I have a decent costume. It seems like the expectations are so high because I'm a costume designer. It's probably all in my head but it bugs me.

OK, bear with me...

One of you can be an Orkin man...exterminator

The other can dress like the Terminator with a big sign that says "I quit"....ex terminator

Because Daleks EXTERMINATE, yeah? lol, I tried!

AUGUST 2012 UNICORN

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageAjm11:
    My FFC is that I like the show Nashville. WTF, self?

I'm right there with you. I was thinking that if iTunes sold some of the songs, I'd buy them. Who am I?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I cringe and judge people who I see outside smoking cigarettes... when deep down, my inner me would kill for one. Ugh. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"