August 2011 Moms
Options

I don't understand.....

I don't understand why people get so excited to forward face their kids.  I have a coworker whose friend just turned her kid around because he reached the weight limit and she was "so excited."  I don't know his exact age, but he is at least 1 but younger than Max.

We went to the doctor yesterday and found out Max is 33" tall (which seems GIANT to me) and he has absolutely no problems rear facing.  He doesn't seemcramped or uncomfortable.  Sure sometimes he seems less than thrilled that he can't see me, but he'll get over it.  It's the first of many disappointments in his life. ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IMG_20130228_133645

Re: I don't understand.....

• Options
    I'm with you. I will RF for as long as I can. It's kind of like when people couldnt wait to feed their kids solids (like 3 mons) but this is way more dangerous. I remember thinking,what is the rush? 
  • Options
    Yeah... for some reason my parents are this way. They are so excited for when DD will get to turn around because she can't see anything in the car right now. They just can't believe the new regulations of rear facing carseats to 2 years old, they think it is just crazy. I have to keep reminding them that the regulations didn't just come out of thin air and it is for safety, not to bore the poor babies in the car.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't get it either. So far, J doesn't seem to mind rear facing. DH has him forward facing in his truck even though he asked if he could and I said no, ugh. But, the same thing happened with baby Liam. H faced him forward in his truck then I ended up giving up and forward facing him in my car because liam threw a giant fit every time I put him in the car. Jack's going to stay rear facing in my car as long as possibly even if h has him turned around.
  • Options
    My kid is still in the infant carrier. Still!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageJelliebean1982:
    My kid is still in the infant carrier. Still!

LOL Noah was in the infant carrier forever!!! lol  but I LOVED that when he fell asleep in the car i could just take him out IN the seat and go into stores and stuff w/o waking him up.  And hes pretty tall so people would laugh that i still had him in there... its been about 2 1/2 months since we switched over and i definitely miss the infant carrier! 

• Options
    12 months is the norm here. It's not about people being in a hurry for their kids to grow or anything, it's just the way things are.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"