Pregnant after 35
Options

greetings and intro

Hi, all.

I'm 38 and we've been TTC since January 2012.  This is my second BFP; first one was in March, ended at 4 wks 6 days.  Today is the first day of my fifth week--due date June 25.

I'm cautiously happy.  Things are feeling a little different this time around.  Still have a lot of anxiety, but am working on managing it.  Have mixed feelings about joining forums and communities--like i might jinx things if I get over-eager and start talking about it too much.

I may lurk for a while before I start posting much, we'll see.  

Re: greetings and intro

• Options

Congrats and welcome!

I totally understand the anxiety that comes with being pregnant after a loss.  It stinks.

I hope you get to stick around and I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Welcome! I'm new too. I'm 37 and just found out I'm about 4 weeks pregnant and due July 3rd. I had the exact same thought about not wanting to be too over-eager about joining forums.

As the weeks go on I think you will get less and less anxious.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Congrats!

I felt that same anxiety, all the way up until my (good) A/S. We just kept taking each day as it comes and counting our blessings along the way.

• Options
    Congratulations!  I know what you mean about the anxiety because I have had alot of it too.  Every time we pass a milestone it seems to get a bit better but I'm sure won't ever go away.  I hope you stay and keep posting, good luck!
    TTC since Dec. 2010. Me: 37, DH: 38...unexplained RPL
    BFP #1 - missed m/c 4.18.11 found @8w3d, d&c @13w 
    BFP #2 blighted ovum found 8.2011 @8w, misoprostol
    BFP#3 - missed m/c 6.11.12 @ 9w3d, d&c revealed extra chromosome 15
    BFP#4 8.10.12, DD born 4/26/13
  • Options
    Welcome and congratulations!
    ~~~TTC #1 since Dec 2011, BFP 5/3 CP 5/6~~~
    ~~~BFP 10/9/12, EDD 6/17/13~~~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    aww---  thanks for the friendly welcomes!  I feel kinda warm & fuzzy. :-)
  • Options
    Best wishes!  Hope to hear more from you on this board.  I also hope to be joining you soon!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome!  I am Right there with you, I am 39 and also lost our First Pregnancy inbetween 7-8 weeks in February.  I was super excited about that one cause it took almost 2 years to get the first BFP, I didn't think I could get pregnant after so long on Birth Control pills and several surgeries.  We were totally devastated when I m/c.... This BFP I to am cautious to, I feel different physically ( Which could be a good thing) and mentally ( Not trying to get to excited yet).  Feels Surreal yet.  I am just hoping when I have the First U/S Everything reports back OK - that's about 2 weeks away yet.  Best wishes :)
    me: 39 DH 40 Trying to Conceive #1 Since Nov. 2010, BFP # 1 1/14/12 EDD 9/20/12 -M/C between 7-8 weeks - :( BFP # 2 10/9/12 EDD 6/16/12 - No Embryo Found 8 weeks 4 day U/S :( Waiting to Miscarry - 9 weeks today Will Try for one more BFP in 2013
  • Options

Welcome and Congratulations! Feel free to lurk as long as you like...post when ready :)

H&H 9 months to you!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"