November 2011 Moms

sleep, long post

DH last night just sorta decided we should let DS start trying to get to sleep on his own rather then us holding him. Maybe cause I'm pregnant again, maybe cause I was tired, but I decided fine I'll just put DS in crib then. We haven't really discussed it, but for the most part DS will sleep 5 or 6 hours, sometimes more, sometimes less if we're holding him to sleep. I enjoy holding him to sleep as long as he isn't trying to climb up me or hit me or squirms a bunch... I know we probably should try to do something that doesn't involve holding him. But, I hate CIO. I can't do that! I've tried rubbing his back, though that's difficult if he's standing and not wanting to lay on his stomach. Also bending over the crib is going to be a challenge in a few months. Do any of you wonderful ladies have book suggestions or websites I could look at that don't do CIO. Also, I'm not too concerned right now about how often he's nursed once he's put down, cause that's only twice, three times tops! TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: sleep, long post

• I like Good Night, Sleep Tight by Kim West.  To me it's a good compromise between the no cry solutions and ferber.  There could be crying depending on the baby and age/stage, but the baby doesn't cry alone, and if you follow Dr. Sears and his AP ideas, CIO with mom or dad there as support is completely different from CIO alone.

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesmilelari:
    I like Good Night, Sleep Tight by Kim West. nbsp;To me it's a good compromise between the no cry solutions and ferber. nbsp;There could be crying depending on the baby and age/stage, but the baby doesn't cry alone, and if you follow Dr. Sears and his AP ideas, CIO with mom or dad there as support is completely different from CIO alone.
    went to the library today and waiting for it to come in :] thank you for the suggestion!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"