Two Under 2

Another Double Stroller Q

Sorry for another post on a topic I know comes up here frequently!

I haven't seen much mention of the Joovy Caboose Ultralight and was wondering if anyone had feedback on this?

DS1 will be around 17.5 months when DS2 comes. He's currently 15 months and we've been test driving strollers lately. I love the idea of the ones that have a regular seat/car seat spot in front with just the sit and stand option on back, but I don't think I'm going to be comfortable enough with that for DS 1 in just a couple of months. I think I prefer him to have a real "seat" in a stroller for awhile longer versus the backwards facing sit n stand bench.

I currently use a single Uppababy GLuxe as the main stroller for DS1 and I know I'm spoiled by how lightweight, featured and easy to fold/unfold and maneuver with one hand it is. We use our travel system stroller for walks around the beighborhood only, but if we're leaving the house we always just use the lightweight Uppababy. So, test driving the double strollers has definitely been shocking when it comes to size , weight difficulty. I came across the Joovy Caboose Ultralight at BBB and from what I can tell it seems like the lightest weight/easiest tandem double that I can find. Does anyone else have experience with this stroller or recommend a lightweight double? I really don't put too much wear on the strollers, mostly I'm looking for something that will be easy to whip out twice a week when I pickup and dropoff DS1 at MDO, and that will convert to a sit n stand optionfor him when he is just a tad bit older. I basically just want to be able to snap the infant seat in for DS2, and buckle DS1 in so we can safely get across a very large parking lot to his MDO program. 

Re: Another Double Stroller Q

• Have you seen the Caboose Too Rear Seat? I think this may work for you. My LO would not have been ready to use the regular joovy backseat at 17 months, he is barely ready now at 26 months.

• I just got my joovy ultralight and haven't used it too much, but so far I really like it. It is a little harder to push than a single, but much easier than other doubles I tried. Previously I used a single stroller and wore baby in a baby carrier.
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't like the Joovy, because it didn't have a full seat for my older child.  Usually if we are out long enough to take a double stroller, then there is a chance he'll need to nap or rest, so I wanted him to have a comfy spot to do so.  I also found the front seat back too low; my kids are tall, and it didn't seem like it would work for us for the long term. 

We recently picked up a City Select Elite double on Craigslist (they are discountinued, I believe), and love it.  Took it to Disney last week, and it was awesome!  My oldest is almost four (but more the size of a 5 year old) and he napped for hours in it.  My youngest is 13 months, and fit great, too.  Love the sunshades (check the Joovy, b/c I don't recall there being a huge sunshade) and all the storage, and it turns on a dime.  The City Mini was too small for our boys, but I saw a lot of other parents with them in Disney.  With #3 on the way, I know we will get a lot of use out of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"