Phoenix Babies

temperature for baby

recently moved to phoenix from chicago to be closer to family. i have one week to go until my baby is born and i am wondering what is a good temperature to keep the house at when baby comes? our house is still around 80 degrees during the day and im trying to not spend too much money on the electric bill. i thought i would keep the windows open but its still pretty hot out during the day.

any suggestions? 

Re: temperature for baby

• Keep it the same as you would for you. Our house is 75 or 80 degrees. Ds2, 4.5 weeks old, wears both long sleeved and short sleeved, pants and bare leg, swaddle or no blanket. He does normally wear a hat, socks and sometimes mittens. I go by how hot or cold he feels and bundle or unbundle as necessary. Did this for ds1 too.
    Photobucket Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • We keep our house at 77 right now and have fans on all the time to circulate the air.  We will keep the house about 72-75 when little man arrives since it will be more wintery weather.  We also keep ceiling fans going most of the day and night (both kids rooms will have them going) to move the air.  Like pp said, I went by how my daughter felt and dressed accordingly and will do the same with little man.  Welcome to town!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"