May 2012 Moms
Options

still suffering from mommy's thumb

Five and a half months postpartum and I am still suffering with "mommy's thumb" (dequervain's tendonitis). I can even see the swelling in my wrist. Ugh! Anyone else still plagued by it? What are you finding helpful for relief?

Using the spica braces definitely helps while at work and, since I finally have steady income again, I am trying a new acupuncturist this evening. Fingers crossed!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: still suffering from mommy's thumb

• Options

I'm still having this problem too :(

It's worst in my L wrist so I wear a brace at night but now it's starting up in my R wrist!  Ugh.  I'm not sure what to do, besides going to see my Dr. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    I hope the acupuncture helps!  I don't have mommy's thumb, but I wanted to let you know that you inspired DH and I to do another challenge.  We're doing no take-out and no beer until Thanksgiving.  I can't wait to save the money and calories Big Smile
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My orthopaedic surgeon gave me a cortisone shot in my wrist back in August and I haven't had any further issues with it.  Maybe you could try that??  The only option had the shot not worked was occupational therapy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Cortisone shot here too. No one I know has had it completely go away without the shot. Totally worth it.
  • Options
    My doc won't do the cortisone shots while I'm still nursing and didn't offer any other treatment besides the braces. Had the acupuncture appt last night and noticed a difference immediately. They still hurt but definitely feel an improvement. It will probably take a few sessions to see the relief I'm hoping for but it definitely helped a lot. Had the acupuncturist also do points for relaxation. Ahhhhhhhhh

• Options

imagestoneycakes:
    I hope the acupuncture helps!  I don't have mommy's thumb, but I wanted to let you know that you inspired DH and I to do another challenge.  We're doing no take-out and no beer until Thanksgiving.  I can't wait to save the money and calories Big Smile

Good luck on the challenge. Let me know how you guys do. I'm planning my next challenge soon, just not sure what yet.

• Options
    I had it with ds1 for months. I wore the brave religiously for a few months. I never got a shot and slowly it got better. GL
  • Options
    imageMelissaMiso:
    My doc won't do the cortisone shots while I'm still nursing and didn't offer any other treatment besides the braces. Had the acupuncture appt last night and noticed a difference immediately. They still hurt but definitely feel an improvement. It will probably take a few sessions to see the relief I'm hoping for but it definitely helped a lot. Had the acupuncturist also do points for relaxation. Ahhhhhhhhh

That seems odd they had me take a cortical steroid after a bee sting while nursing, did you ask how long the dug would be in your blood??
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options
    No, but I just wanted to say hi! How is your new job going?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"