VBAC
Options

VBAC success!

Hello,

I've frequently lurked on this board but have never posted and I appreciated all the birth stories and questions from others so I thought I would share my story.  I started irregular, mild contractions at 11pm on 10/21.  I woke up at 4 am with painful regular contractions  lasting only 15-20 sec.  Over the next 4 hrs, the contractions continued to be brief but 3-5 min apart.  My doctor's office said to call when they were 5 min apart, lasting for 1 min, for 1 hr so I didn't call until my water broke and I lost my mucus plug at 8am.  Called my doula, who suggested I continue to labor at home (glad I didn't listen to her).  Didn't hear back from MD's on call office until 8:45.  Left home at 9:15 after childcare came.  Arrived at the hospital at 9:45.  Parked in 20 min parking so my husband could take me to triage.  Triage nurse did exam, said "oh honey you are 9.5/10 cm".  Me: "is it too late for an epidural". nurse: "yes honey, you are ready to push this baby out".  I sobbed from fear and shock/disbelief.  I overheard some brief discussion about how this was a VBAC between her and the doctor.  I was rushed to a delivery room, nurses tried to find baby's heart rate without success and had to place a scalp monitor while I was getting an IV.  Tons of people in the room told me to push, doula finally arrived, and baby was born at 11:19 am yesterday.  I had 2nd degree tear, but I feel great.   Baby boy was 8.8 pounds and 21 inches.  Luckily parking valet men were understanding about us parking in the 20 min spot given the situation.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: VBAC success!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"