Secondary IF
Options

how do you not over analyze and get hopes up???

So I have a DD who is almost 7... wow time flies... Well we have been TTC #2 now for 3 1/2 years... I'm usually very optimistic to only get CRUSHED every month... So this month I'm very pessimistic just knowing it will never happen... But then I get positive good blood work back, or I feel a little sick, or my boobs hurt and are bigger... So how do you handle the roller coaster of emotions without being like oh yeah maybe to just be upset again? I posted this on another board but was told to get a hobby... My biggest issue is not at home, because I am busy but at work... I'm a teacher and have a couple of off periods but I stay on my stuff so it's really down time not catch up time for me... How do you keep yourself from thinking about it???
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
TTC #2 since 2009 Have PCOS two close calls with letrozole and hcg trigger. Hoping 3rd time does the trick... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: how do you not over analyze and get hopes up???

• Options

I totally understand your issue. Last cycle I drove myself crazy to point where this cycle I am doing the bare minimum this cycle. I have decided to stop tracking my temp (RE said I didn't need to) and have stopped tracking symptoms.

I am only going to do the letter of what my RE has prescribed. The rest of the time I am going to try to act like it is a break cycle. I am trying to find other things to focus on. I know it is easier said than done.

I also think the answer is different for everyone. Some people focus on hobbies, getting in shape, or their kids.

Just know you aren't alone and that most of us have the same problems on this emotional roller coaster.

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• Options
    You are not alone. I am mobile phone bumping so I can't see your siggy but do you have a DX?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't think having a hobby would really help with this too much. It is not like you can turn your brain off. WE just had a post about hobbies on another board and it seems like most of them, working out, gardening, scrapbooking, sewing, etc would still allow one's brain to wander back to "is this my month?" Even reading I think could trigger thoughts that lead to thinking about conception etc.

It just isn't easy and IF totally sucks. It is a horrible, emotional roller coaster. I don't have much advice, I easily get discouraged over analyzing temps, numbers, phantom symptoms or the lack thereof. I do try to do things with my friends and our children as often as I can and that helps to pass the time. But when the cumulative amount of time keeps growing... it sucks.

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    First of all... THANKS for all the support!!! Like I said I was pretty much bitched out on another board and didn't mention having a DD... Whatever... I have pcos and don't ovulate on my own; however, I think being on chlomid, then injectibles, then femara and eating better sometimes triggers my eggs to o on their own, so possibly my issue was not getting mature eggs? Anyway... My DD was an oops baby despite me being on the pill and using condoms and pulling out... just so happened that the pill I was on was for a prolonged period of time and my body got used to it and condom broke all at the "right time"... Now I can't get pregnant for anything... We had a close call last month so that's why the overly pessimistic "it will NEVER happen attitude because our stuff mixed but it didn't implant... We would have better odds by doing IUI or IVF but we don't see the point in spending that much money, since I'm being monitored and have mature eggs now and then trigger (except this month mine decided to jump on their own...) and then ti... That's me in a nutshell... Like I said... THANKS for the support!!! So glad to have y'all... All I have is hubs, dd and work and none of them are good to go on and on about thinking this way... LOL...
    TTC #2 since 2009 Have PCOS two close calls with letrozole and hcg trigger. Hoping 3rd time does the trick... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

it is hard!  i don't think anyone has a great solution to being able to keep their minds off things.  for me staying busy helps, and also allowing myself a set time to think about it or analyze it, then move on, helps. for instance, i run, so a lot of times when i run i let my mind wander to the IF topic, then once i get done running i have thought about it enough so i can focus on other things :) if that makes sense!  

TTC baby #2 since July 2011, DX: low AMH
    BFP 1/21/13, blighted ovum m/c 2/12/13
  • Options
    Totally makes sense... Kinda like when you aren't pregnant or for me when af shows I allow myself a set time to cry about it, typically in the car on the way to work (about 25 mins) then I get to work and it's over no more tears... I'll try that with this and think about it on my way to work and once I'm at work it's done... Thanks!
  • Options
    hope to helps you!  yeah, last week when AF showed up, i thought i was ok, then went for a run and totally had a crying breakdown in the middle of a trail in the woods.  luckily no one was around, so i had myself a nice little ugly cry then ran home and actually was ok.  :)
    TTC baby #2 since July 2011, DX: low AMH
    BFP 1/21/13, blighted ovum m/c 2/12/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"