Single Parents
Options

Suddenly a single parent?

My BF and I dated for a while in college but ended up going our separate ways with no hard feelings. Years and a divorce later we reunite, albeit, soon after my initial separation. Like old times I thought. And we both wanted the same things out of life- slow life in the suburbs/country surrounded by family. So when we found out I was pregnant it was scary but exciting. Fast forward to a few weeks before I gave birth. He lost his job(s) starting displaying all these real deal emotional/mental health issues. We argued all the time and it was not good for either of us or our baby girl so we agreed that we both needed space. Now he's being cold to me one day and warm the next. It's so confusing. I don't know if I can handle his emotional rollercoaster for the long haul but we are forever tied by our beautiful daughter. Not sure if I should push to keep the family together or if doing so would be only out of fear of not having the family together and realizing another relationship has failed. I'm holding htings down as best I can as a single parent and thinking that I need to go the route of getting a custody agreement in place while we are still on somewhat talking terms...not sure what to do. Feeling a lot of pressure

Re: Suddenly a single parent?

• Options
    That's a hard situation hun. Have you had a serious talk with him about this situation?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

::Lurker butting in::

Only you can know when you're done with a relationship. That being said, I wonder how old your daughter is.  I have heard the advice not to make any permanent life decisions in the first 6 months of your child's life.  Crazy life changes + hormones + sleep deprivation = not the clearest mindset.  At 3 months, I was ready to become a stay at home mom.  At 9 months, the very idea blows me away - I'd be a terrible SAHM!  

Of course, this all goes out the window if you feel your SO might be negligent or abusive.

Good luck to you! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I agree. Baby girl is only two months old which makes things really tough because I want him in her life but I also don't want to deal with the BS ups and downs because it takes an emotional toll on me. I am keeping in prayer and trying to focus on her especially right now. I have wanted her for so long it seems unfair to let other things distract me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"