June 2011 Moms

Toddler Bed Question

Hi All. I have a 17 month old DD whom untill now has been sleeping in a crib in our bedroom, but since we are moving the end of this week to a house she will finally get her own room. Im thinking of transferring her to a toddler bed, partly because the room is small and it feels odd to prepare a "nursery" when she is so movil, and partly because i feel that is less disstressing if i change her together (one big change, instead of smaller frequent changes). I could put the crib in my bedroom for a while longer, and place the bed in her room to start first on naps. She is not sleep trainned, STTN but falls sleep in my bed (alone, not necessarily with us), and knows how to come down of the bed or get up. she has almost fallen because she moves a lot when sleeping. What would you do/thing? thanks in advance.

Re: Toddler Bed Question

• I would stick to the crib. It's familiar to her when she wakes up in a strange room, and would help make the transition to the new room easier.  She would be safe in her crib instead of trying to move around in her room trying to figure out where she is.

You don't have to make the room into a nursery just because you are using the crib still, just set it up the way you would if you used a toddle bed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• stick with the crib!  I plan to keep my son in a crib until he is 3.  GL with the move!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I would stick with the crib.  I want DD contained as long as possible.  She plays when she gets up and sometimes it lets me sleep in a little more.  I don't think at this age I could teach her to stay in her room until I get her or until a certain time or until I get her up.  
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I plan to have her sleep in the crib for as long as possible. She hasn't yet tried to climb out of it and it sure makes it easier laying her down awake for naps/bedtime when she's confined to the crib. I can imagine if she was able to freely move about the room that it would be a lot harder to get her to sleep.
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • Thanksss. Yesterday while trying to fall sleep she fell off my bed, with me at her side :( wich reconfirms all you said, we are sticking to the crib, and now have a big bump on the forehead to show for it.
  • I would agree about sticking with the crib since it's familiar, but my son has been in a toddler bed since 15 months. He is a monkey and learned how to get out of his crib. I was also terrified he would roll out of the toddler bed because he has rolled out of my bed, but he does great. He even hangs his legs off the side of the bed and has never fallen out in almost two months. He actually sleeps better in the toddler bed than he ever did in the crib.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"