Minnesota Babies

Looking for a new OB/20 week ultrasound

Let me get to my basic question, the rest of this is just back story for the curious. Does anyone know of a clinic that does ultrasounds after 4:30pm or on weekends. The two I called today only schedule until 4pm and no weekends. (I am at 20 weeks right now and will need to find a new OB office soon)

I currently use Health Partners in Saint Paul. To make a very long story short... we had problems all through out my pregnancy with my Son. The problems continue now with my second pregnancy. Most are due to lack of staffing and over booking. The rest is reception and their costumer service. Today I waited in the room for an hour before anyone even came back to tell me they were running a bit behind. (yea just a bit huh)

I had to reschedule my anatomy scan/ultrasound. I asked to have it done at 18 weeks and 5 days being the only time my husband could get off. They refused to do it before 19 week, it had to be done between 19-22 weeks. (that's fine if that is what they require)  Well now they would like to have to scheduled for 23 weeks and 4 days... I couldn't believe this was acceptable being they were so strict about it being between 19-22. I am just frustrated, I have been pushed aside a few times now. I love my Doctor but just can't take the poor costumer service anymore, plus I'd like more convenient hours for ultrasounds as I and my husband can't take off a lot of work.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
 Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Looking for a new OB/20 week ultrasound

• I use Allina in Shoreview and although they can be a bit behind sometimes, they've been super easy to work with. I don't know how late they do ultrasounds, but it's worth a call if you're interested or if you're nearby. I'd recommend them! I see Dr. Amy Miller there (but I would not recommend seeing Dr. Larsen).
    imageimageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Certified Veterinary Technician / SAHM
  • Thank you very much for the suggestion. Just curious as to why not to use Doctor Larsen? If you feel like telling.

• Loading the player...
  • Sorry you're having so many issues with your Dr's office.  I am 11 weeks along and use John A. Haugen Associates(www.haugenobgyn.com/), at the downtown Minneapolis location, but they have two other offices (Plymouth and Edina).  Great customer service! I'm in and out.  The Dr I use is Dr. Schmitz.  She also delivered a friend's baby six years ago.  I've heard great things about all the doctors, but personal recommendations for Dr's Schmitz and Moll (who is a friend's Dr.).   Good Luck! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Are you open to a midwife?  My midwife's office (Park Nicollet) always ran on time.  I never waited in the waiting room more than 10 minutes.  The only time I waited more than 5 minutes after getting in the room, it was because I had an appointment that was squeezed into the schedule.

The Park Nicollet OB office was not the same way.  Once I waited over an hour in the waiting room, and then another 45 minutes once I was in the room.

Mama to Elliot (11.09.08) and Jude (09.01.11)
  • Thank you aairitam, I will be sure to look in to that one too.

I could be open to a midwife I had one with most of my first pregnancy. I ended up with preeclampsia, induced, and an emergency c-section. I had opted to just go repeat c-section this route because of all the problems I had last time. I know it's usually only the first but my mother had it severely with all her children. I was born almost 3 months early and my sister 2 and half. She lost the middle child. My blood pressure has already jumped to 136/80 and I started the pregnancy at 112/60 so I am a little worried about that. But I am sure I can get transferred if needed, it would be nice to see someone who got to know me and not have to explain my pregnancy to who ever is filling in every time.

• I had started with Dr. Larsen and I just didn't like the vibe I got from her. I felt like she expected me to know what was going on and when I had an issue with my bloodwork, she didn't really want to tell me any details other than 'it's not an issue for the baby' -- but it's still an issue! I had wanted to talk about it, and she declined. I wasn't going to spend the next 9 months with her. So I switched to Dr. Miller and she spends as much time as I need and never made me feel that I was to know every last thing that was going to happen to me. Dr. Miller has a kind heart and is very thorough. She took the time to explain to me my lab results and even extra.
    imageimageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Certified Veterinary Technician / SAHM
  • I use John A. Haugen associates also and have been very pleased so far. They have two locations and have been willing to schedule me at both for convenience. Dr. West is great and I also have to give their financial office props for going above and beyond for me as I am "uninsurable".  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Check out the doctors at the HealthEast Vadnais Heights Clinic. There are several family medicine docs who also do prenatal care and both regular & high risk deliveries. You would deliver at St John's Hospital and all your ultrasounds are done there too. The hospital schedules ultrasounds at all hours, so not an issue to have one after 4:30pm. Several of the docs also do v-bacs, if you are interested, and if not, they partner with obs at St John's for the c-sect delivery. The docs deliver their patients and usually will be there at a c delivery as they are the babies doc too. I delivered all three of mine at St John's and worked with Dr Ryan ***, Dr Anne Pearson and Dr Elizabeth Wegner. Dr P is my personal doc, but she's harder to get appts with. Loved Dr D when he delivered my middle DD!

If you're open to midwives, the Generations for Women clinic in Shoreview also delivers at St John's. There, you can see a midwife the entire way through, but an OB is on site for high risk pregnancies and will be the one to do a c-sect. I've had several friends who love that clinic.

Wife to an amazing man and mom to three darling girls!
  • I know you are a bit burned by Health Partners (the St. Paul location is always crazy busy), but I used the Health Partners in Woodbury and never waited more than 10 minutes at any appointment.  I saw Dr. Reddy for both girls and really liked her. 

Their ultrasound scheduling is a bit frustrating.  They only have 2 locations (St. Paul and Riverside) to do the ultrasounds for the all Health Partners offices.

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • I've heard a lot of bumpies over the years rec' Partners OB/GYN in Woodbury.  Also Woodwinds.  There is a gal that checks in from time to time who I believe works in L&D there.  You could check if you can do your a/s at Regions since they might have more extended hours in their radiology dept.  I know that my OB had extended hours for appointments at the Woodbury HP office and I never had issues with appointments running late/long from what they told me to schedule for.  That might be an option if you're willing to drive to a different HP office.  I primarily saw Dr. Baram, but Dr. Reddy is who actually delivered DS.  Baram came highly rec'd to me by a family friend who was the head of the ER at Regions when I had DD as who you'd want to have in charge if you have any complications.  While we butted heads a few times I never questioned the soundness of his recommendations or how much he cares for his patients (he doesn't usually come up to the PP area but he did with both of my deliveries).

If I was going to switch and wanted to stay in SP proper, I'd likely go with United since they accept HP and you'd deliver at United/Children's.  In the unlikely event of a complication with baby, United/Children's is where you want to be (Regions does a lot of transfers there too)..  Their food is also FAR better LOL

I had both of mine at Regions.  IMO, I wouldn't be too worried about going later on the anatomy scan.  I think mine was at 24+ weeks just because that's when we got around to having it done.  You could check and see if it's possible to have your a/s done someplace other than HP because of the timing.  Good luck!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"