C-sections

When did you begin solo outings?

DH goes back to work this week, and I'm cleared to drive at 2 weeks (been off pain meds for a week now). I'm a little nervous about lifting DS + his infant car seat. When did you first do a solo outing with LO, and how did you do it (did you carry the infant seat? Did you wear your baby? Stroller?). There's no where I NEED to go solo next week, just wondering how I would do it when I do !
DS1 : 10/2012
Due with B/G Twins July 2015

Re: When did you begin solo outings?

• Around 3-4 weeks. I had to get post-surgical care, so DS would come with me to the OB's office. I carried his car seat to and from the car.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not until 6 weeks. DH was only working part time those first few weeks, so I didn't need to.

If I had it to do over I'd get a snap n go earlier. I still had to lift the seat, but I didn't have to carry it and the basket was big enough for a few groceries and what not.  I did wear DD quite a bit, but the snap n go was really convenient when she was sleeping and it was light weight and easy to get in and out of the car unlike most travel systems.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • We began solo outings at 2 weeks. I could lift the car seat with little to no pain (and we have a Peg, those things are Erin heavy!!). I used the stroller primarily and I also wore her. Wearing her was a bit painful until 3 weeks because the incision was a bit tender. Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Around 2 weeks. I had a Snap-n-go type stroller, and that helped me a lot.

I did strain myself around 4-5 weeks because of lifting/twisting to get the car seat back in the car. Just be careful, don't overdo it, and take it slowly.

• Three weeks.  I carried the car seat to the shopping cart and that was it.  I was happy to be out of the house!

Started TTC "2.0": 6/13, First round of Clomid: 3/14, BFP: 4/14, EDD: 12/23/14, C-Section: 12/18/14
    Nathan and Nicholas are going to have so much fun together!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Around 2 1/2 weeks.  I was going stir crazy in the house, and DH had gone back to work a week earlier.  I was cleared to drive after 2 weeks.

We have a lightweight stroller that goes with our carseat (not technically sold as a travel system, but functions as one), and I used that.  I don't have a snap n go, but that would have been the easiest I think.   I agree with a pp that said wearing was a bit uncomfortable on the incision, especially when DS kicked his legs around.  

Little B 9.20.12
  • I don't think I had much need or opportunity before 3-4 weeks with either DD or DS, because I had a lot of help/visitors and usually just left them with someone else if I needed to go out.  But at two weeks PP I think I would have been fine to take them somewhere by myself with the stroller and infant seat.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • I took her for a walk in the stroller at 2wks pp, no problem.

I took her out in the car seat at about 3 wks....we had to go to my works HR to add her to the insurance. i ended up getting a crappy parking spot and had to walk a ways...my abs were sore the next day from lifting/carrying the carseat.

i never realized how much i used my core until i had my csection.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"