Dads & Dads-to-be

New Dad-To-Be

And boy am I freaked out! :)

My wife and I are 5 weeks in - with our first visit to the doc next week. We kept reading that on average it takes 6 months so we decided now was the time to start - and 10 days later, wham! Was not prepared for that but super excited now the the initial shock has worn off.

This will be our first child, and I'm looking forward to making connections here.

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: New Dad-To-Be

• Congrats and welcome. We had the same experience, where it took less time than expected based on the statistics.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Yeah, a bit of a shock. We were using the Clear Blue fertility monitor thing - but even then we read it was at best a 1 in 4 shot each month - assuming the plumbing all works.

We took a test after 2 weeks after ovulation and it was negative - so we just assumed we were in for another month. Waited one more week while she was at a conference and tested again just to be sure, and surprise.

While we both felt as ready as one can be for this - the speed was a bit jarring as we both felt we were going to have more time to prepare for a positive test.

But I am not going to complain!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats!  We were the same way.  We managed to get a positive on first cycle both times.  Definitely not expected either time!

• Congrats!  Know that shocked feeling from it happening faster than you thought.
  • Congrats!

And welcome to freaked out land....every single milestone will bring exciting new challenges.

It's fun! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats and welcome!!!

While i cant say that we made it work the first time we've tried, we're there now and it's a pretty exciting ride!  Looking forward to sharing the experience with the group here -- i think we have a few of the guys in the 5-9 week range here, so it will be a pretty cool experience. 

- Hops (a.k.a Jon) BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imagedkaplan76:

And boy am I freaked out! :)

My wife and I are 5 weeks in - with our first visit to the doc next week. We kept reading that on average it takes 6 months so we decided now was the time to start - and 10 days later, wham! Was not prepared for that but super excited now the the initial shock has worn off.

This will be our first child, and I'm looking forward to making connections here.

Welcome!!!

I love following the new dads to be as they go from milestone to milestone.  Looking forward to hearing about your experiences as you travel down this road.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"