International Bumpies
Options

***kelly***

Hey, just thought I'd let you know...you should try the Manduca. It's like the Ergo but better, no infant insert needed and it lasts linger than the Ergo. They have both at the Baby One near us. I'd check it out. They aren't sold much in the states which is why you probably haven't heard of them.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM

Re: ***kelly***

• Options

Thanks for the tip!

Looking at the reviews on amazon.de, it looks like the main critiques of the Manduco are

1) That it's complicated to adjust so it fits right, so switching from mom to dad and back isn't worth the effort (we switched a lot with DD).

2) That you can only put a newborn in if there's a possibility to sit down (apparently the main part is on your thighs and you lay the baby down then can attach it??). The reviews I read were comparing it to the Ergo, saying it's possible to put an infant in the Ergo if you're standing but not really with a Manduco.

What would you say to those two things?

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options

I don't have one, I didn't find out about them until after I had a bunch of carriers and DH would kill me for getting one more.

I do have friends who have them and haven't heard any complaints about them. I can ask around and find out.

I can't see them being any harder than the Ergo to adjust and you can wear them with the straps crossed in the back with baby on your front which is apparently more comfortable than the Ergo straps (I've worn DD in the ergo on the front once, got annoyed at not being able to get the clip done up by myself and never tried again, as I had a baby hawk I didn't care). 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ok so apparently to put a NB in not sitting down you would do one strap up and then pop the baby in before doing up the second, pull straps to adjust and done :)

• Options

****Adding my potentially useless .02*****

My mom's bringing us a Boba 3G, not available in the UK but it has fantastic feedback in the states. Just in case you want another option to confuse yourself with!

TTC #1 since Aug 2010 * BFP Aug 2011, EDD April 16 2012 * MMC @ 7w5d, D&C @ 10w5d
    BFP Apr 2012, EDD Dec 19 2012 * twin h/b at 6wk, 9wk scan * Baby A lost at 12wks
    Baby B was my rainbow born at 36wks on Nov 27 2012

Lilypie - (kqKn)
  • Options
    imagePittPurple:

****Adding my potentially useless .02*****

My mom's bringing us a Boba 3G, not available in the UK but it has fantastic feedback in the states. Just in case you want another option to confuse yourself with!

Oooh, you can get them in the UK, the reviews I've seen for this have been that they are OK for NB and good for 6 months + but the between stage isn't great. But I've heard great things for 6 months + 

• Options

I have an ergo and 5 or 6 woven wraps and no baby on the way anytime soon so my baby wearing purchases are on hold but the next thing I want is a mei tai or something similar. Baby Hawk is one brand. 

Another thing to think about. :D 

• Options
    imagepandi02a:

I have an ergo and 5 or 6 woven wraps and no baby on the way anytime soon so my baby wearing purchases are on hold but the next thing I want is a mei tai or something similar. Baby Hawk is one brand. 

By the time you have one on the way my BH will not be in use any more so maybe it could go for a visit to you :) 

• Options
    imageMouseInLux:
    imagepandi02a:

By the time you have one on the way my BH will not be in use any more so maybe it could go for a visit to you :) 

If you're going to visit pandi (btw, hi, pandi, great to see you on TB again!!), you can stop by my place, which is *almost* on the way.

And thank you to everyone for further confusing me :-)

mouse, when you say that you've only used the ergo once to wear your DD on the front, do you mean that she's front facing or do you mean really on your front? Do you usually wear her on your back? That's not an option with the Baby Bj?rn, and my woven wrap isn't long enough to do the back wraps, I don't think, so I've never done it.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options
    imagekelly321:
    imageMouseInLux:
    imagepandi02a:

If you're going to visit pandi (btw, hi, pandi, great to see you on TB again!!), you can stop by my place, which is *almost* on the way.

mouse, when you say that you've only used the ergo once to wear your DD on the front, do you mean that she's front facing or do you mean really on your front? Do you usually wear her on your back? That's not an option with the Baby Bj?rn, and my woven wrap isn't long enough to do the back wraps, I don't think, so I've never done it.

I wore her on my front so she's facing me. She's now too big for the Ergo so I've got a Toddler sized carrier and wear her on my back, I couldn't put her on my front any more because of my bump :) I've had her on my back since she was 7 or 8 months old. DH still wears her on his front though.

If you have a woven you can do a ruck carry even now, they aren't great for long carries or if you DD is a leg straightener. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc2F2oyDqns 

• Options
    imagekelly321:
    imageMouseInLux:
    imagepandi02a:

Or we could actually do this gtg that we've been talking about for ages now! Hi Kelly! :D Congratulations to both of you ladies, btw, on your soon to be #2s. I hadn't realized that you were pregnant Mouse! Very exciting.  

• Options
    imagepandi02a:
    imagekelly321:
    imageMouseInLux:
    imagepandi02a:

mouse, when you say that you've only used the ergo once to wear your DD on the front, do you mean that she's front facing or do you mean really on your front? Do you usually wear her on your back? That's not an option with the Baby Björn, and my woven wrap isn't long enough to do the back wraps, I don't think, so I've never done it.

Or we could actually do this gtg that we've been talking about for ages now! Hi Kelly! :D Congratulations to both of you ladies, btw, on your soon to be #2s. I hadn't realized that you were pregnant Mouse! Very exciting.  

Thanks! I don't post about my pregnancies on FB so it's easy to miss if you don't see me on here or IRL :
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"