Pennsylvania Babies
Options

New mommy to be needing advice

Im looking for a great OB/gyn as I have never had one here, we just back to the country so I haven't seen anyone yet. I'm 8weeks,3 days and I have not had any prenatal visit, no ultrasound or sonogram. I'm looking also for a great hospital to give birth at, I'm looking at the moment for selfpay prenatal visit/blood work/ ultrasound or sonogram coz my health insurance doesn't kick in until I'm of work probationary period. Anyone can help with any info? I've tried pregnancy centers but I don't qualify for healthy beginnings since my income is just a little over the limit.. So any advice/ direction both for OB/gyn, hospitals and even an affordable birth, I really wanna give birth in a hospital coz my sisters both have had Csections due to narrow pelvic openings so I might be at risk for that as well. I already talked to OB Lancaster but any other alternative is also great! Thanks!

Re: New mommy to be needing advice

• Options

I'm a first time mom, at 20 weeks with my baby boy!  I live in the lancaster area and go to OBGYN of lancaster.  I am going to deliver at Heart of Lancaster and have heard really good things about it.  

I love OBGYN of lancaster.  Everyone is very nice.  I have never felt rushed, or unimportant!   

• Options
    Thanks! I have my appt there in a few weeks, when did you get a sonogram? Im 8 wks atm and this will be my 1st prenatal visit. What kind of u/s did they do? The abdominal or vaginal? I wanna know too so I can guesstimate how much I'll pay out of pocket : there's no price for a healthy baby and a peace of mind but I wanna make sure I can afford it too since I can't get help from the state atm
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You need to talk to someone in billing asap.  I had an issue where my insurance changed 2 weeks postpartum and my dr didn't participate with the new insurance.  I was told that was fine bc everything from the first visit to the postpartum visit is billed at delivery.
    BFP #1: m/c at 8 weeks; BFP #2: DD born 6/9/09; BFP #3 m/c at 5 weeks; BFP #4 m/c at 8 weeks, D&E; BFP #5 DS born 8/12/12
  • Options
    I went at 8 weeks when I took an at home test.  They gave me an ultrasound to check aprox. delivery date.  It wasn't a vaginal, but she said if she coudln't see the baby she would do a vaginal ultrasound to check.  
  • Options
    I have heard good things about May Grant in Lancaster. They go through Womans and Babies
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Eichenlab and May are really good. I would not recommend may grant associates. I had them last pregnancy and I never seen the same doc twice. They never called me back regarding blood tests and they didnt check me while I was in labor to see how dialated I was before agreeing to the Epi. While everyone was off searching for the anesthesiologist I delivered with one nurse in the room and DH had to help clear the tables and move things out of the way, was not happy. However women and babies and heart of lancaster are both good hospitals

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"