Parenting after 35
Options

I smell like baby barf. Obviously TMI

Whenever the baby sleeps for a long time he tends to overeat when he wakes up and produce a vomit of epic proportions. Well, he awoke at 8 this morning after sleeping for 11 hours. At around 9 he barfed in such a way that, not only were he and I and the boppy covered in sick, but it actually pooled in my lap then seeped between my legs and soaked the sofa.

But wait, it gets better. I thought I cleaned us both up, topped him with some more food since he'd barfed it all up, he went to sleep and I did some cleaning.

I just sat down to enjoy my tea and the smell hits me. Tongue Tied

Oh, and the baby just woke up.

Re: I smell like baby barf. Obviously TMI

• Options
    BTDT!  DS was a heavy spitter.  It does get better...but not until around the 6 month mark.  Yuck.  I do not miss that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I completely sympathize. My son *still* barfs up a tsunami on occasion. We're on pins and needles every time we feed him, because we don't know when it will come. We have no carpets anywhere in the house because of it.

He once barfed all over the jute rug we used to have in the living room. I spent over an hour bathing and cleaning him and cleaning the floor before I got to the rug, but every time I scrubbed the rug, the vomit just kept sinking deeper and deeper into the fibers. I was so frustrated I started crying, and had to call my mom in to help.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mwdmwd member
    One of the disadvantages of having a good sleeper!  None of my children slept until 8 AM until recently, but I do remember the baby puke smell.  At least you know it gets better. Tongue Tied
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Boy, that sounds familiar. I have a hoodie that every time it gets washed, someone pukes on it. I'm starting to think it'll never be clean.
  • Options
    imagegimmietimmies:
    Boy, that sounds familiar. I have a hoodie that every time it gets washed, someone pukes on it. I'm starting to think it'll never be clean.
    The Little Boy doesn't discriminate; as long as it's clean he'll empty the contents of his tummy onto me.
  • Options
    BTDT. My little guy had acid reflux and usually spit up half of what he ate. We had to get a new couch when he outgrew the reflux.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Ok - I'm just jealous he is sleeping that long.  I might not mind him barfing on me if my DS slept that long.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagecarladillon:
    Ok - I'm just jealous he is sleeping that long.  I might not mind him barfing on me if my DS slept that long.
    The barf is definitely worth the sleep.

And Ihaven't seen you round these parts in aaages!Big Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"