Two Under 2

Sleep regression with new baby arrival?

For the past 2 weeks it has been really hard to get dd down for naps and at night for bed. She is teething but it also coincides with the arrival of ds. Did anyone experience this and if so how did you deal with it? Basically our nighttime routine was bring dd up to bed after bath place her in her crib and she woul toss and tern a bit and then pass out. Now when we place her in her crib she cries begs to be picked up and I feel terrible. Both dh and I are such softies we end up picking her up and either rocking her or cuddling to sleep with her. Im not sure if it's her teeth or sleep regression because of ds. What do you moms think? Dd is 16 months old

Re: Sleep regression with new baby arrival?

• We've been dealing with DD's sleep issues for the last 3 weeks, since bringing DS home.  For us she is in a bed, and she won't stay in bed at nighttime.  We keep putting her back in bed, usually it takes an hour before she stops coming out.  Then she wakes at night too, which she never did before.  Naps were bad but have gotten better, probably because she is so tired from not sleeping at night.  She also wants a cup of milk at bed/nap time, and wakes through the night asking for milk too. 

DH is the softy in our house.  He's going away this weekend so I'm going to do some sleep training to hopefully get her back on track.  I'm the one that is up at night with her and I've had enough, especially with two kids needing me at night.

Have you given her Tylenol to see if it may be her teeth causing the issues?  If it's not teeth then it sounds like you might want to try some sleep training.  Good luck!

• She is waking up in the middle of the night too. And between the 2 of them in exhausted. Dd was never a great sleeper but this is ridiculous. I'm going to try tylenol tonight. Thanks
  • Loading the player...
  • YES! So frustrated. My oldest has been waking up screaming as many as 8x per night for the last month. She wasn't ever a great sleeper but its never been this bad. I've tried all kinds of things: CIO, rocking, cup of water in her crib because she begs for milk and I'm not going to go back down that road, changing nap times, bed earlier, bed later, Tylenol. I even took her to the doc to see if she had an ear infection. Nothing has worked. 

Im going to flip the mattress to the toddler side and add a pillow to see if that helps. Just hoping the phase passes soon! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"