Georgia Babies

not sure what to call this...(PT related)

the title pretty much says it.

DD has been potty trained for several months now.  In the past week we have had a major reversion.  She won't go potty if she is in the middle of playing and has to go.  Instead she holds it until she can't anymore. It started with a little bit here and there early last week.  Suddenly she is having accidents at school too. Yesterday she had a MAJOR accident and I needed a mop to clean it up.  She was so down about it that she went and put on a diaper herself when I told her to go put her wet clothes in the hamper.  Today it happened again at Monkey Joes.  I started to wonder if she had a UTI last Thursday and asked her if it hurts to pee and she says yes.  But I can also ask her if her big toe hurts and she will say yes.

Is this a normal three year old thing, or should I really be worried about a UTI?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: not sure what to call this...(PT related)

• Gavin did this once too... He's still stubborn about holding it too long. We just had to go back to reminding/forcing him to go on a regular basis. Try that for a couple days and see if it improves.

• My son is three years, four months, and he started doing this a couple of weeks ago for no reason (after having been perfectly potty-trained for ages). We also suspected a UTI, but he seems to have gotten over it on his own. I don't know how to explain it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Colin did this and it was a total control thing. We just had to force him to go regularly. He snapped out of it pretty quickly but we had some epic 'accidents'. Sorry you are dealing with this it is not fun. 
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"