Georgia Babies

Pregnancy during cold/flu season. Is this what I have to look forward to?

I have had a cold for two weeks. I caught it from Cason (who by the way was only sick for 2 days!). I just cannot seem to kick it, and I assume it's because my immune system is crap. I hope I don't spend the rest of this pregnancy being sick off and on, but I guess I'll be catching every germ my 3 year old brings back from school, huh?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pregnancy during cold/flu season. Is this what I have to look forward to?

• I was pregnant this time last year and in my occupation I get all kinds of germs.  My ob recommended to take vitamin C tablets and drink tons and tons of water.  It seemed like my immune system was in overdrive all the time. 

Rest!  Feel better soon.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Got a nasty cold about this time of year while pregnant with Isaac.  Kicked my butt, sinus infection and all.  Antibiotics did little to nothing.  What finally did the trick was the Neti Pot or a saline rinse.  In three days the crud (nasty nasty nasty crud) was out of my head and I got better.
  • Loading the player...
  • When I was pregnant with Tyler I found I got everything, versus when I was preggo with Matthew.  I even got my first sinus infection, after having some crud for at least 2 weeks.  I did find, not sure if it's what did the trick, but getting a flu shot helped.  Feel better and get as much rest as you can!
  • I have been sick twice during this pregnancy and its pure misery!!!!  I broke down and took approved meds a few days though. Just had to.  Hang in there mama. Up that vitamin C and make sure you are getting lot of rest and fluids.

After 6 long years of TTC and a traumatic birth... I finally got to hold my baby in my arms!

'Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.'Psalm 37:4

2006 start TTC

2007 Start w/ RE (Endo and MFI previous marriage)/ 2008 Vericocele surgery/3 clomid cycles
    2009 Lap removed stage III endo/ 2 failed IUI/ Divorce

2011 Remarried
    October 2011 Dx: Endo & DOR/ November 2011- clomid & TI cycle
    January 2012 IVF~  Flare protocol 10 ER/ 9 mature fertilized with ICSI/ ET- 2 Grade A Blasts/ 4 frozen= BFN
    Febuary 2012- -Endo Biopsy/  MTHFR diagnosis
    March 8- FET 2 grade A blasts= BFP!!!!

November 2012-  Charles was born by emergency C-Section

Dealing with:
    Stage III Endo/ DOR/ MTHFR two mutations C677T & A1298C

Currently TTC #2  FET planned January 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"