Attachment Parenting

Cosleeping, help needed

My daughter is 4.5months old and we sleep with her at night. She currently naps in her crib and sleeps there for 2 hours in the evening before we bring her to bed with us.

Recently she's become much more active and has started to kick and move around A LOT at night. Half the time she's still asleep but neither my husband nor I can sleep. I've tried feeding her, changing her bum more often, cuddling her closer and giving her more space. I'm not sure what else to try, does anyone have any suggestions? I'm starting to think it might be time for her to have her own bed, but she doesn't seem ready to spend the whole night in her crib.

image"">Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image"">
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage

Re: Cosleeping, help needed

• Have you considered side carring your crib?
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Both of my kids went through phases of this.  The first phase was the picking-up-the-legs-and-slamming-them-down thing, and next came the rolling-from-side-to-side thing, followed by the sitting-up-and-crawling-around-the-bed thing.  It is all part of them starting to gain mobility, but I agree it is not fun.

If you are not ready to move her to the crib yet (I wasn't at that age, but am getting there now with the crawling business), one thing that helped us a little bit was sleep sacks.  I don't know if it's the coziness or just the little bit of movement restriction they provide, but it seemed to calm down the restlessness a little for both DD and DS.  It's not a 100% cure, but it helped.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageaglenn:

Both of my kids went through phases of this.  The first phase was the picking-up-the-legs-and-slamming-them-down thing, and next came the rolling-from-side-to-side thing, followed by the sitting-up-and-crawling-around-the-bed thing.  It is all part of them starting to gain mobility, but I agree it is not fun.

If you are not ready to move her to the crib yet (I wasn't at that age, but am getting there now with the crawling business), one thing that helped us a little bit was sleep sacks.  I don't know if it's the coziness or just the little bit of movement restriction they provide, but it seemed to calm down the restlessness a little for both DD and DS.  It's not a 100% cure, but it helped.

Yes my baby is almost 5 months old and we are in the leg pick up/slam down phase described above.  My baby also sleeps in his crib for the first 2 hours but then he's up and comes into bed with us.  I'm starting to think about 10 days of him staying in the crib all night to see if the outcome is any different.

• Hmm I'll have to try the sleep sack thing. We have a pack and play that we could try beside the bed, her crib is huge and has to be dismantled to move through the doorway sooo I'd really rather not move it into our room because we like her napping in her own room and giving us 2 hours of alone time at night.
    image"">Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image"">
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage
  • I could not sleep with our son in bed... so we moved him to the pack n play in our room next to me and it works great. I recommend using the MamaDoo Kids mattress topper though, for extra comfort and support and also for quieter nights (the pack n play "mattress" was too uncomfortable and loud). The mattress topper is firm and folds in 3 (very portable). Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"