January 2012 Moms
Options

Things are better! :) (DH problem FU)

Just wanted to share that things are looking much better again.

Tuesday was a horrible day. DH was still sick and just not willing to help out at all. I put the monitor on his side and went to bed. DD has a cold though so she woke up soon after. Very annoyed DH went to check on her, She hadn't stopped crying all the 7 minutes he was in there then he just came back to bed. Said he was done and exhausted and DD was being ridiculous. (oh and he even firmly called out her name when she wouldn't settle down). So I just got pi$sed, told him that he was ridiculous and that I was getting sick and tired of him just quitting after 5 minutes , me having to bail him out every time and then basically yelling at a 9 month old! He slept on the couch that night and the next morning I got up, got DD ready and just took off without him. That was the worst fight we've ever had! :(

He apoligized that day saying he was sorry for losing it, that he was wrong and that I've been taking care of everything by myself b/c he's been sick which is no exuce and that he knows he just needs to suck it up whether he's sick or not as it is his responsibility just as much as mine.

So that was a great start and I was glad that he initated it. I already had a letter written up but was glad I didn't need to send it to him. So yesterday we just started talking about all the issues we both have. We are not done with the conversation yet but we are tackling one thing at a time.

The truth is, we both want the same thing so we just have to work it out and work together. I'm just really happy that I didn't have to point things out to him , instead he pulled his head out of his a$$ and realized it himself :)

He's going on his guy's trip this weekend and I'll go shoe shopping :)

Just wanted to share. Thanks again for all your support and advice!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Things are better! :) (DH problem FU)

• Options

I'm glad that things are going better and I hope he continues to help.

(Not to hijack your post, but you will appreciate this...the MANFLU is gone, but H had to have surgery on his pinkie finger on Tuesday, so he is dying once again. It never ends...)

Duke's House: Eating and Running with the Big Dog in Chennai: eatrunbrit.com

imageimage

2010 Race PRs:

5K - 24:57 10M - 1:28:20 13.1M - 1:57:29 26.2M - 4:28:29

• Options
    imageBrit's Luna154:

(Not to hijack your post, but you will appreciate this...the MANFLU is gone, but H had to have surgery on his pinkie finger on Tuesday, so he is dying once again. It never ends...)

LOL!!! Pinkie is the worst! Poor man, Major surgery like that.. he's lucky to be alive :P

We shall see how my H does going forward. I just hope he doesnt stub his toe again because it might fall off this time. According to all the hits which are a clear bone break every time,  he has fractured his toe about 578 times LOL

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm glad things are starting to look up.  Sounds like he has a ways to go.  I still vote for giving him a weekend alone with LO so he understands how it really is, and maybe now he'll be more willing to do that so you can have a weekend away.

Y'all are killing me about the manflu business.  My DH is the opposite.  He thinks he's super man and can never get sick, and when he does he claims it's allergies.  I don't think he's gone to the doctor once since I've known him.  I had to remind him that his son isn't invincible to get him to wash dishes with soap.  So as awful as manflu is, it's amusing hearing about the other side of the coin.  I hope their poor pinkies and toes survive the night.

July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options
    Thanks namara ! It's definitely a work in process. I am also happy that today after work he started the convo and said he wanted to talk and fix things. So topic by topic we are getting better.
    And he actually said we need to make sure that I too have some free time and can recharge my batteries as a woman not just a wife or a mother. It sounds great so hopefully it will work out.

Your h should be a little bit like ours and our h's a bit more like yours ; lol

But hey no man is perfect and we love our men for all their imperfections too...
  • Options

I have to partially rescind my pinkie drama. H picked DD up from daycare last night so I could go running outside w/o the jogging stroller. He gets bigtime bonus points for that. Smile

His pinkie survived the daycare pickup event.

Duke's House: Eating and Running with the Big Dog in Chennai: eatrunbrit.com

imageimage

2010 Race PRs:

5K - 24:57 10M - 1:28:20 13.1M - 1:57:29 26.2M - 4:28:29

• Options
    imagebigbear:
    imageBrit's Luna154:

LOL!!! Pinkie is the worst! Poor man, Major surgery like that.. he's lucky to be alive :P

We shall see how my H does going forward. I just hope he doesnt stub his toe again because it might fall off this time. According to all the hits which are a clear bone break every time,  he has fractured his toe about 578 times LOL

I also don't want to hijack but I couldn't ignore this. EVERY SINGLE TIME DH stub his toe he's "pretty sure it's broken". Apparently men have very delicate toes.

• Options
    imagelukalover:
    imagebigbear:
    imageBrit's Luna154:

I also don't want to hijack but I couldn't ignore this. EVERY SINGLE TIME DH stub his toe he's "pretty sure it's broken". Apparently men have very delicate toes.

Oh yeah, those tootsies are made of sugar LOL

• Options
    That's awesome! Glad things are getting better!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    So glad to hear this bigbear!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"