South Carolina Babies

New moms-to-be in Charleston area?

Hello.  I've been thinking that it would be real nice to know some women who are expecting their first baby.  I live in Mt. Pleasant and am expecting my little one in December. If there is anyone out there feel free to say hello!

Re: New moms-to-be in Charleston area?

• Ebee27Ebee27 member

First time mama in Goose Creek here! I'm a Navy wife, and I'm expecting in the middle of February. Man, I am hating this weather lately, but I suppose most of the U.S. doesn't have it any better, I'm only glad I'm not further along! Winter babies sound good to me :) Hows the second tri going? Better than the first for ya? I can't wait! 

Archer Liam - 2/6/13
    Freya Lillian - 11/15/15
  • I am a first time mom that lives in Mt. P.  I am also expecting in December.  I'd love to chat about anything from daycare to setting up a nursery.  All my relatives live far away so I'd love to have someone to share info with.  Feel free to shoot me an email - tiffanyshank@yahoo.com.  
    Tiffany
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow.  I was just telling my husband that I was not sure if I would get one reply and now there are three of us.  Yes I'm due in December and very excited.  My husband is also military.  We have been here for a year and have been happy with the location. I would love to chat as well.  I'm at blue__12@hotmail.com.  Adrienne
  • I live in West Ashley and am also expecting my first in December.  I would love someone to chat with and share experiences! My husband is also in the Navy working in Goose Creek. You can email me at bucklesl_22@yahoo.com.

• Ebee27Ebee27 member

For those who also have husbands in the Navy - there is a Joint Base Charleston Mommies (I think the exact name is Baby Mommas JBC) group! All kinds of moms are on there - from crunchy, to moms of older children, to those expecting their first. If you'd like to be added, you can email me your FB name: serenedemeanor@gmail.com and I'll throw you an invite. I've found it pretty informative, and it's nice to connect with others going through something similar :) 

As for other FB groups I found helpful, there is the Charleston Mom Swap 2 group... lots of amazing deals on baby furniture, clothing, toys, all kinds of stuff! Sometimes, people post free stuff on there and all you have to do is pick it up!  Anyway, nice to meet you guys, ttys!

Archer Liam - 2/6/13
    Freya Lillian - 11/15/15
  • I live right over the Goose Creek border in Moncks Corner. I just had my first baby on June 16th at Charleston Birth Place. My husband is also in the Navy and works as an instructor at Power School. While I realize I'm not longer a mom-to-be we did just move here in April so I would love to get to know some people. 

..And yes, it did suck being super pregnant in this heat. Especially when most of my maternity clothes stopped fitting too. 
  • Hi everyone! Also a new mama to be, exciting and scary all at the same time. Trying to balance work, finace', family all while your body is going crazy. But I wouldn't change it, Im do in Feburary and I am living between Summerville and Hollywood, but will soon be moving to Hollywood.
  • There are some great mom groups in each of your areas on meetup.com. I am one of the organizers in the Goose Creek Moms group.  We have lots of events for the kids and moms to do weekly. We have a ton of military families and other families to meet.  These groups are awesome for meeting friends for both you and your child.  Hope you find a great group that works for you! 
  • I'm moving to the area (Summerville) next month - how can I join this facebook group? It looks awesome!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Go to meetup.com and search your area for the group that works for your location.  For our group you have to come to one of our meet and greets with an organizer and as long as you are cleared you can join our group. 
  • I'm a first time mom in north charleston. I'm in the navy and all of my friends have recently moved on in training and I'm stuck here. I'd love to meet new people anyone wanna go walking sometime?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"