Pregnant after a Loss

Progesterone 7.7?

I just got a call from the Dr. and my progesterone is 7.7 and my last miscarriage I had low progesterone too.  Is there any hope?  I go back tomorrow for more tests and a supplement.  Please someone tell me there's hope...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Progesterone 7.7?

• With my DS who is a healthy 2yrs old...mine was a 6. They put me on supplements and here we are! Yes...there is definitely hope :) Keep the faith. I will keep you in my prayers :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If they caught it now, that's a good sign. Mine was 10 something for over a week before the bloodwork came back and I got the RX. HTH.

• Loading the player...
  • Mine was 12 this week and I freaked just like you probably are.  I'm on supplements now so I would ask for them.  It's not over :)  GL!
  • This is soo confusing b/c when I m/c my prog was a 6 and the Dr. told me it was a symptom of a non-viable pregnancy and not the cause of the m/c. However, some women can have a hormonal problem and with supplementation their bodies are better equipped to hold on to what would/could have been a healthy pregnancy. This is what I have gathered from all of my research. Supplementation is controversial and not all Dr's agree about it. I had a 16 at my 6w2d blood draw and my Dr. supplemented me as a precaution (even though that was at an acceptable range). So far, so good!

It could just be a hormonal issue and with correction, everything could turn out A-OK! I think there is definitely hope and I will pray for you that you get the outcome you are hoping for. Best of luck and keep us updated.

• There's definitely hope.  Mine was 9.5 and I was put on supplements, all is well so far. 

• I had never heard that is was a symptom. I was always under the impression it was more along the line of cause...interesting comment from your doc.

As a side note, my dr. isn't a huge believer in the progesterone supplements but did give them to me. When we went back today she liked the way things were progressing and did want me to stay on the supplements so something is working. 

• imagembss:

I had never heard that is was a symptom. I was always under the impression it was more along the line of cause...interesting comment from your doc.

As a side note, my dr. isn't a huge believer in the progesterone supplements but did give them to me. When we went back today she liked the way things were progressing and did want me to stay on the supplements so something is working. 

How far along are you?

• Yes, there is hope.  Mine was low w/ the pg, and was put on oral supplements until 10 weeks....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"