International Bumpies

Those in Germany

If your LO is over one years old, what kind of daily pill are you giving them? Are you doing D-Flouretten (sp?) or just something with flouride? or something else?

Re: Those in Germany

• Nothing, actually. Our pedi here said to stop Vit D at 1 year and didn't say we needed anything else.

Considering her diet lately consists mainly of starches and meat unless I make a veggie cream soup, it probably wouldn't be bad to look into some sort of supplement... let me know if you find something!

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• I'm so confused. My pedi told me to stop with the vit D at 1 year, and just do fluoride. But, the prescription she wrote me was for the same stuff that he had been doing since he was born which is d and fluoride. He's almost 2 and i'm not sure if he needs fluoride now or not. 

Sorry for spelling issues.  

• Loading the player...
  • imagetraveling turtle:

I'm so confused. My pedi told me to stop with the vit D at 1 year, and just do fluoride. But, the prescription she wrote me was for the same stuff that he had been doing since he was born which is d and fluoride. He's almost 2 and i'm not sure if he needs fluoride now or not. 

Sorry for spelling issues.  

Weird. I guess in the US since city water has fluoride in it they don't talk about supplementing? All I know is DH talked to his dentist to ask about DD, the dentist said not to use a toothpaste with fluoride (because you're not supposed to swallow too much of it and at this age it's hard to tell them that).

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• I asked on my local facebook group and the 5 or 6 people who answered gave me very different answers:

- they don't need fluoride because germans don't rinse their mouths when they brush and the toothpaste coats their teeth

- take d-fluoretten until they are 5 (and then the same person had another doctor tell them to stop at the U7 and get toothpaste without fluoride)

- take vitamin d until after their first summer and don't take fluoride because there's enough fluoride in the toothpaste

- got a prescription for flouirde from the US

- suggests taking vitamin d for their whole life and drs recommended using fluoride toothpaste starting at 6 months

• We are not supplementing with fluoride.  Some old school pediatric dentists may recommend it but current literature says that it is not necessary.  If you want to get some extra fluoride in your LO, buy the Culligan bottled water with fluoride.  You can also get home delivery, at least where we are.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Animalcrckr: which stores do you see Culligan bottled water? I've never seen it at any of my local stores. THe only brand of water I've seen that's familiar to me is Evian.
  • we give flouride drops, but never daily, I barely remember!
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"