Military Families

Pediatrician Question

Can someone please explain to me how we go about setting baby's appts with a pedi days after birth on Prime. I know they are assigned so how do I (or can I) find that information out before the baby is born to have them seen the few days after? TIA

BabyFruit Ticker image

Re: Pediatrician Question

• I think a lot depends on your given situation and location. When I had my son my OB was military but delivered in a civilian hospital. They set up everything for me and told me the date and time after I gave birth. 

When I had my daughter, I gave birth at a birth center not affiliated with the military so I had to schedule everything myself. I just called once I gave birth and where we currently are stationed they do a ridiculous cattle call style appointment on certain days and times.   

• I did the search on the tricare website to find which pediatricians were covered. I asked around and picked one from the list that others recommended. You can call the office but theyll most likely tell you to just tell the hospital when you deliver who you want (they will ask you when youre being triaged). Someone from the group will see the baby after birth. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Natural M/C 1.10 MMC 1.13 CP 12.13
    This is for all the caterpillars that never became butterflies. And for all the butterflies that never felt the wind in their wings. And for all the hearts that had hopes and dreams of a wondrous flight together.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you ladies! Linz-E, I didn't think you could pick your own Dr on Prime when there's a MTF minutes away.

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • imageArmyQM:

I think a lot depends on your given situation and location. When I had my son my OB was military but delivered in a civilian hospital. They set up everything for me and told me the date and time after I gave birth.   

My friend said our Naval Hospital did this.  She said sometime after her baby was born they handed her a sheet with the date and the time for the baby's appointment.  I'd ask at your next appointment, they should have some idea of what happens.

• imageChynaDholl:
    Thank you ladies! Linz-E, I didn't think you could pick your own Dr on Prime when there's a MTF minutes away.

Sorry should have clarified we were not near a MTF- so I guess my experience wasnt that helpful! Sorry! 

Pregnancy Ticker

Natural M/C 1.10 MMC 1.13 CP 12.13
    This is for all the caterpillars that never became butterflies. And for all the butterflies that never felt the wind in their wings. And for all the hearts that had hopes and dreams of a wondrous flight together.
  • imageSheilaE:
    imageArmyQM:

I think a lot depends on your given situation and location. When I had my son my OB was military but delivered in a civilian hospital. They set up everything for me and told me the date and time after I gave birth.   

My friend said our Naval Hospital did this.  She said sometime after her baby was born they handed her a sheet with the date and the time for the baby's appointment.  I'd ask at your next appointment, they should have some idea of what happens.

I don't think that will apply to me because I'm not delivering on post or at a hospital in any way affiliated with the military. I switched to Standard to be seen off post but the children will all be Prime. Do you know how it will work then? I am going to call them in a few days but I wanted to see if anyone had personal experience since I always get contradicting information from the reps.

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • imageLinz-E:

imageChynaDholl:
    Thank you ladies! Linz-E, I didn't think you could pick your own Dr on Prime when there's a MTF minutes away.

Sorry should have clarified we were not near a MTF- so I guess my experience wasnt that helpful! Sorry! 

It's ok lol, that's how I was in FL (so much better) too but now we're minutes from a military hospital so the children have to go there unless I switch them to Standard as well.

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • imageChynaDholl:
    imageSheilaE:
    imageArmyQM:

I don't think that will apply to me because I'm not delivering on post or at a hospital in any way affiliated with the military. I switched to Standard to be seen off post but the children will all be Prime. Do you know how it will work then? I am going to call them in a few days but I wanted to see if anyone had personal experience since I always get contradicting information from the reps.

then it's like I said for my daughter's birth. I was on Standard but the kids on Prime. I did have to choose a doctor to see the baby in the hospital that accepts Tricare they're billed through the Global Maternity thing I believe. Then I called the appointment line when my daughter was born. There's no way to make an appointment ahead of time because you never know when you'll deliver. Call the appointment line now and ask how things work at your MTF.

Sorry, this mobile site sucks at not letting me use certain punctuation!
  • Thank you much! I will give them a call Big Smile

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • imageSheilaE:
    imageArmyQM:

I don't remember exactly what happened, but I think it was similar to this.  I don't remember setting up the next appointment.  And I actually saw my OB for his two day appointment and one of the family practice OBs for his two week appointment.  We didn't go to the pediatrician until his two month apt.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"